Screen unusable while connected to AC charger!!

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Weird and annoying. I do notice fast charging on stock. So its simple i found a charger i can use to charge when i need to use while charging. And the other one to use when im just charging to sleep. There problem solved

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

kgzero

May 2, 2011
Visit site
It's the stupid charger. I used the other stock samsung charger (from my wife's Epic Touch 4g) and my screen is usable. Same with my palm pre charger.
So the stock charger that came with my phone is the problem. Time to visit Sprint store.

joshrocker

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried my palm pre charger also and it seems to work most of the time. One time I had the scene become unusable but it hasn't happened since. It happened frequently with the original Samsung charger.

kina bina

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I am dealing with, just like many of you.

I bought the phone and charged it with the stock charger. I couldn't even get passed the lock screen. It took me several swipes to get pass it, and even while I was doing that, it was struggling so hard to go to the home screen.

Once in home screen, I pressed the application icon but it pulled down the scroll down menu from above instead. Tapping on certain icons to get to it doesn't open it. It either struggles to open it, or it does something else. It is really annoying, and I would love to use my phone WHILE it is ON the charger, but I guess that is not happening.

Now, many of you have mentioned that once it juices up close to 100%, say 80%, it starts to work like it should. I experienced that also, but it still doesn't perform as it should.

I do have another charger that I ordered on Amazon, but I haven't used it as it came through the mail while I have already left home for vacation. Once I return back home, I will test the new one out, and see how that works.

Has anyone found anything else with this?

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I am dealing with, just like many of you.

I bought the phone and charged it with the stock charger. I couldn't even get passed the lock screen. It took me several swipes to get pass it, and even while I was doing that, it was struggling so hard to go to the home screen.

Once in home screen, I pressed the application icon but it pulled down the scroll down menu from above instead. Tapping on certain icons to get to it doesn't open it. It either struggles to open it, or it does something else. It is really annoying, and I would love to use my phone WHILE it is ON the charger, but I guess that is not happening.

Now, many of you have mentioned that once it juices up close to 100%, say 80%, it starts to work like it should. I experienced that also, but it still doesn't perform as it should.

I do have another charger that I ordered on Amazon, but I haven't used it as it came through the mail while I have already left home for vacation. Once I return back home, I will test the new one out, and see how that works.

Has anyone found anything else with this?

All u got to do is use a different xharger im using one i got at some back ally and my sidekick 4G charger.and i can charge.and.use.phone at same.time

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

sillyxone

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
here is a short video of my problem (I know I'm in the wrong forum, it's an AT&T version :)
(see link in next post)

can someone confirm this is the same as the problem you're having?

With Samsung and generic chargers and cables, and four outlets, I isolated the problem down to the two outlets (faulty ground wiring?)

My current workaround is to charge using the other two outlets.

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
It's really not fixed....
EK02 still hangs on modem sometimes.... I'm not sure how they went about to fix the problem, but when the modem sleeps (either 3G or 4G) 7 out of 10 times it will correct itself. the other 3 (especially using stock browser or Maps/Location services) it will hang.
That being said, EK02 still doesn't allow you to completely get past home screen - it might be because of an issue with TouchWiz.
I can play a game, say ShadowGun - then plug in stock charger, and i can continue playing. If i shut off the phone (accidentily) while plugged in using STOCK charger, it will become all weird and gradually if not immediately become unplayable. I will try using HTC stock charger or Kindle charger.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I only have this problem with the stock charger, screen becomes unusable. However when plugged into a PC or car charger unit I don't have any issues. Using the stock charger also chargers the phone way faster than the car charger and when plugged into a PC though. And to answer someones question from earlier, I do use a screen protector.

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I am on Calk's ROM too and it does seem to fix the slow screen response. I tried it on two stock chargers now while the phone was at 10% where it would draw a lot of current making the touch screen really laggy. So for those on stock, the EK02 update should fix the problem.