internet performance update!!!!

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok folks ..a ticket was opened up for me last night and now it seems that internet slowness issue is fixed..at 630 this morning it seemed as if sprint had pushed a PRL update to my phone because ir updated by itself..what i did notice after when i did my speed test is that the application is now pulling from different towards 100 miles away and its not connecting to my home area..all in all the problem seems fixed..

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Ok folks ..a ticket was opened up for me last night and now it seems that internet slowness issue is fixed..at 630 this morning it seemed as if sprint had pushed a PRL update to my phone because ir updated by itself..what i did notice after when i did my speed test is that the application is now pulling from different towards 100 miles away and its not connecting to my home area..all in all the problem seems fixed..

What exactly did you tell them?? were you in a fringe area to begin with??

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My 3G speeds after prl update!!! Ok, im just goofing around. I just got a new prl update myself to the same one mentioned in the thread. Going to go out and about today to see if it helped any

Sent from my Sprint Eptouch 4G

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My 3G speeds after prl update!!! Ok, im just goofing around. I just got a new prl update myself to the same one mentioned in the thread. Going to go out and about today to see if it helped any

You're on WI-FI in the pic....

mastrcruse

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I tested on 9/18 and 9/20. 9/20 was after a PRL update.

9/18 12:40a
DL 18kbps
UL 96kbps
ping 940ms

9/18 8:34a
DL 727kbps
UL 404 kbps
Ping 121ms

9/20 7:41a
DL 1615 kbps
UL 626 kbps
Ping 91 ms

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This is very good news. Hopefully some PRL updates will help some of you keep your phones until Sprint starts rolling out its network upgrades. We just need some reasonable data speeds to hold people over until then.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys but I work grave yard and I sleep late ..to answer your question ..they opened a ticket for me because I stayed on with tech support trying multiple different things to better the connection. After none if it worked he created a trouble ticket for some network team to look into.. so early this morning an update pushes to my phone and now I'm getting 900kbps speeds.. I now have PRL 60681.. I guess Houston's network is under repair or upgrading or just plain clogged.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm just north of you in the woodlands. Same prl pretty good speeds today

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys but I work grave yard and I sleep late ..to answer your question ..they opened a ticket for me because I stayed on with tech support trying multiple different things to better the connection. After none if it worked he created a trouble ticket for some network team to look into.. so early this morning an update pushes to my phone and now I'm getting 900kbps speeds.. I now have PRL 60681.. I guess Houston's network is under repair or upgrading or just plain clogged.
Great news glad its working out for you.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

This is after my updated firmware

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't trust that app. Same spot 5 tests in a row, completely sporadic results

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member