Notification LED's?

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I do get a light when charging - I think its blue

Yes, I just noticed a red flashing light - very slow though

not sure if I get for all emails and text messages?

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
not sure if I get for all emails and text messages?

Now that u mention it, I don't get led notifications for emails at all. I'm currently using the Gmail app so using the Samsung app might tell a different story. I'm getting led notifications whilst using goSMS for text & it has options to enable the led lights but I'm positive when I was using the stock messaging app I was getting led notifications as well.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm going a bit nuts with notifications, with all the Apps I've been messing around with. I'm actually about ready to do a factory reset and use the phone with stock TouchWiz for awhile so I can get used to the phone's built in notification functions. Then I'll start adding in things like WidgetLocker and GoSMSPro. I think this will help with the notification settings.

bmrisko

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to disable the light for e-mail notifications, but have it flash for text notifications? I am using the stock Gmail app and the notification light works fine.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to disable the light for e-mail notifications, but have it flash for text notifications? I am using the stock Gmail app and the notification light works fine.

In the Gmail app there is a setting to turn off notifications.

When in Gmail, hit the menu button --> More --> Settings and scroll down to Notifications.

If you only want to turn off the LED notification, I believe the only way to do it is with an app like Light Flow, which has a Gmail notification section.

Reactions: bmrisko

bmrisko

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
In the Gmail app there is a setting to turn off notifications.

When in Gmail, hit the menu button --> More --> Settings and scroll down to Notifications.

If you only want to turn off the LED notification, I believe the only way to do it is with an app like Light Flow, which has a Gmail notification section.

Awesome, thanks!