Hi Everyone,

I would like some input on just how much better or worse audio quality is on the Epic 4G Touch compared to the iPhone 4. From what I have been reading there are some discrepincies regarding the Yamaha DAC used. I use my phone a LOT for music & kind of miss Android and Sprint. Any input/feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
    Gaius Baltar likes this.
    09-20-2011 11:57 AM
    Has no one listened to music on their E4GT as yet??
    09-20-2011 01:15 PM
    waiting on FedEx to deliver my phone tomorrow; i did use my Pre- a lot for playing music in the car. Did a pretty good job, though the bass was a little lacking. Wife has an ipod nano that she'll play music in the car with and it is MUCH better sounding than the Pre-... she has a pre- as well and when up for an upgrade in October, we'll have to make a choice... she wants the new iphone... but mostly so she can stop carrying a phone and her ipod and only need to carry one device.

Cant wait to try the ET in the car and will let you know how it goes after tomorrow.

assuming, of course, I can make the change from WebOS to Android...
    H_D likes this.
    09-20-2011 01:43 PM
    Thanks! Look forward to your feedback. I too listen to music using my phone everyday so I'm really hoping the E4GT audio quality is on par or better than my Iphone's. Anyone else...?
    09-20-2011 01:57 PM
    Anyone?
    09-20-2011 07:57 PM
    Same sound quality as the Samsung P2/P3 mp3 players imo
    09-20-2011 08:01 PM
    I listened to mine over the weekend and its sound quality over head phones is excellent in my opinion.
    09-20-2011 08:53 PM
    "Demanding enthusiasts expected As music player Galaxy S II to sound at least as good as its Apple competitor: iPhone 4 and supersede its older brother Galaxy S performance.

Unfortunately, it fails at both.

As music player, Galaxy S II performance can be described as:

Average for a smartphone.
    Below average for a high end smartphone."

AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined
    09-20-2011 09:09 PM
    "Demanding enthusiasts expected As music player Galaxy S II to sound at least as good as its Apple competitor: iPhone 4 and supersede its older brother Galaxy S performance.

Unfortunately, it fails at both.

As music player, Galaxy S II performance can be described as:

Average for a smartphone.
    Below average for a high end smartphone."

AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined
    I hope this is a software issue...
    09-20-2011 09:47 PM
    Just found this & unfortunately...
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch Teardown - Page 2 - iFixit
    it's confirmed to have the Yamaha
    09-20-2011 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD