Launcher recommendations

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I had to ditch Go Launcher because I was experiencing stuttering on occasion when switching between home screens as well as in the app drawer & it was really starting to annoy me. Now I'm back on Launcher PRO & it left me wondering why I left in the first place

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had to ditch Go Launcher because I was experiencing stuttering on occasion when switching between home screens as well as in the app drawer & it was really starting to annoy me. Now I'm back on Launcher PRO & it left me wondering why I left in the first place

I just starting using Go Launcher.
Do you have a lot of apps and widgets or have a lot of screens?

Mine seems pretty smooth but I've barely started to install stuff and only have a weather app and live Wallpaper going for now.

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've tried all the major launchers on my old Android phone (HTC Hero) and tablet. I like touchwiz. I am using it with Swype pad which is free and gives you quick access to 12 apps from any app (home screen included).

I would consider using a launcher if they let you have a scrollable bottom dock. I haven't found that in any of these launchers. VTL Launcher on my tablet has that.

The main benefit I see from a launcher is being able to resize widgets. On a screen with this resolution though, I don't see great benefit in that. On a tablet, it is very useful.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought it just morning and I am still trying to customize it. It has lots of eye candy but the jury is still out on the $14.99. I have used Go Launcher, Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher EX. This just has an entirely different feel and look than all of them. I think that SPB shell is a good launcher that should hold anyone over until ICS rolls out. I am told that ICS is supposed to be a major overhaul of Android. Is this so?

I tried SPB Shell & it wasn't for me. It's nice but It doesn't really bring anything new to the table IMHO... just a bunch of flashy animations

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just want to add that no matter how much I may love Go Launcher EX,

I have now thoroughly tested and found that it is a major cause of my battery life issues on the E4T.

Android System % has dropped by about 30% too.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, mixed reviews for Launcher Go... I'm not sure which one to stick with but for me, I'm Launcher Go will be the flavor of the week- besides free is always good.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I use go launcher and my battery life has been great. I tweaked some of the settings, and have a generally minimal homescreen. I actually like TWiz a lot, but I like having 5 dock icons and the ability to scroll for more.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I'm new to the forums and plan to get the Epic Touch pretty soon (first smartphone!)

Although I'm new to Android, I've read as much as I could in terms of the different UI from the different manufacturers and noticed the positive changes for the newest TouchWiz UI.

For the folks who have the Epic Touch and are familiar with the TouchWiz UI and other launchers, are there launchers you would recommend over the TW and as to why you would choose it over the stock TW 4.0? I guess what I'm trying to say is, it seems like Samsung has made enough improvements to the UI that a custom launcher from the market really isn't necessary?

Thanks in advance!

the only UI's that are any good are Touchwiz 4.0 and Sense 3.0 :)

Reactions: skyo12

skyo12

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys! My device will be waiting for me when I get home tonight!!

Out of the launchers on the market, which one is the most battery efficient (out of Go Launcher, LauncherPro, ADW)?

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but Zeam is supposed to get excellent battery life. I've never used it, but it's supposed to be pretty lightweight and efficient, but quite good. It's gotten very good reviews.

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.zeam&hl=en

Thanks! That one looks nice and clean. I see some reviews about some bugs and issues though. I was using Go Launcher for a few days but it seemed like it was eating my battery so I went back to TouchWiz and seeing how much of a difference it makes. I might try Zeam down the line though.

foxythang74

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I used Zeam for almost year on my Huawei Ascend because its very gentle on the battery and processor. Customization isn't extravagant but I def recommend it. ;)