And not use the 4G? Thats like buying a lambo, but never shifting out of 3rd gear.

Especially on this phone, which puts 4g "to sleep" when its not in use. Theres a negliglbe difference in battery-life by doing this. If you use 4g you could also stop complaining about data speeds.

My data speeds are awesome, and so is my battery life.

Note: if you live in the boonies, no body can help you.
    09-20-2011 08:12 PM
    I personally didn't buy this phone for 4G (not available in my area). I love everything I've researched about this device including, processor speed, memory, screen size, etc. etc. etc. Hopefully 4G will become available but if not I still have an awesome phone! Don't forget the GREAT price!
    09-20-2011 08:25 PM
    I personally didn't buy this phone for 4G (not available in my area). I love everything I've researched about this device including, processor speed, memory, screen size, etc. etc. etc. Hopefully 4G will become available but if not I still have an awesome phone! Don't forget the GREAT price!
    It is a great phone. But there are far too many people complaining for no reason. I actually think that most of the people dont actually have the pbone and are just envious.
    09-20-2011 08:29 PM
    I'm converting to Sprint from Cricket and their less-than-satisfactory-so-called-phones and I'm definitely envious! Can't wait! I've learned alot from these forums and very grateful!
    09-20-2011 08:32 PM
    Sadly 4G is only available in a tiny area of my city Louisville Kentucky
    but reasons one might buy 4G and not use it
    1) Sprints going to charge you for 4G whether you have it or not, might as well get a phone capable of it even if the networks not in your area.
    2) The phones with the best specs all have 4G so its kind of unavoidable if you're a tech nut
    3) once again, not available in my area so I cant
    09-20-2011 08:35 PM
    And not use the 4G? Thats like buying a lambo, but never shifting out of 3rd gear.

Especially on this phone, which puts 4g "to sleep" when its not in use. Theres a negliglbe difference in battery-life by doing this. If you use 4g you could also stop complaining about data speeds.

My data speeds are awesome, and so is my battery life. Click to view quoted image

because the Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 3G Touch was sold out -_-
    sndplace likes this.
    09-20-2011 09:02 PM

My data speeds are awesome, and so is my battery life.

If those are your "4G" data speeds, they suck. Second, Sprint's 4G is so sporadic and patchy it's hardly reliable. The majority of users on Sprint are using 3G more than 4G. So why wouldn't we complain? Especially when the others carriers 3G speeds are at least twice as fast if not triple that of Sprint.

Sent from my Sprint Eptouch 4G
    09-20-2011 09:10 PM
    It is a great phone. But there are far too many people complaining for no reason. I actually think that most of the people dont actually have the pbone and are just envious.
    No there is reason. And yes Im envious of the data speeds the other carriers are getting. Phone is great! Network, in terms of data sucks!

Sent from my Sprint Eptouch 4G
    09-20-2011 09:14 PM

My data speeds are awesome, and so is my battery life. Click to view quoted image

Thats horrible. Thats my 3G Speeds
    09-20-2011 09:14 PM
    The boonies? Say what?

Not a while lot of brown around that yellow push pin, and last I heard, San Diego is not the boonies. Fact is, Sprint's 4G coverage is terrible, it's not just people in the "boonies".

I would use 4G if I had it, but not having coverage is not going to stop me from buying a great device.
    09-20-2011 09:17 PM
    While the phone does put 4G to sleep when not in use it takes a while to reconnect. So if I am going to download something or be surfing for a while or streaming it stays on. Otherwise I turn it off because will be on and off or waiting for new tweets or email.
    09-20-2011 09:23 PM
    And not use the 4G? Thats like buying a lambo, but never shifting out of 3rd gear. ..

Hhmmm .. because most people don't live in an area that has 4G? (I live in Indianapolis - #23rd in size in the US)

I have a BMW Z4 that will go 140 mph, but I'm not able to drive it that fast either

I also never use call forwarding, but can't find a Sprint plan without it!!

I did ask for a Photon 3G without an HDMI port (and earlier this year an EVO 2D), but Sprint didn't have either available.
    09-20-2011 09:34 PM
    Hhmmm .. because most people don't live in an area that has 4G? (I live in Indianapolis - #23rd in size in the US)

I have a BMW Z4 that will go 140 mph, but I'm not able to drive it that fast either

I also never use call forwarding, but can't find a Sprint plan without it!!

I did ask for a Photon 3G without an HDMI port (and earlier this year an EVO 2D), but Sprint didn't have either available.
    But knowing that it could go 140 mph and complaining that you dont drive it that fast would be idiotic.
    09-20-2011 10:10 PM
    I try to use 4g but in many areas in Houston it is not usuable.. I mean literally you can be getting a 3 bar signal in one spot and then move 10 paces and you lose it all together.. Sprints 4g is horrible at best and I can't even use it at home.
    09-20-2011 10:45 PM
    4G isn't a very big point to base your phone choice on because you would have to pay the $10 premium fee, 4G or not. So you might as well opt for 4G.
    sndplace likes this.
    09-21-2011 12:26 AM
    I work in a 4G area and use my phone all day. So I keep it on, i have a charger if I ever need it. I get 4-6 down were 3G is bout .75-1.25 down.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    09-21-2011 08:20 AM
    Mainly, I bought it for the screen size. I'm tired of using text versions of web sites, or holding the screen so close to my face that the screen fogs.
    Also, I wanted an android, and wanted latest and greatest with the most possible features without the silly 3d stuff.

No 4G available for 50+ miles, but I like almost everything.
    I even got Skype working, sorta kinda.
    09-22-2011 03:34 PM
    Uh because almost every flagship device (minus the iPhone) these days comes with some form of 4G. It's basically a free option unless you're on verizon and need to fork out $300 for their top tier LTE phones, even then every carrier has budget 4G phones. Look at us on Sprint, we all pay $10 for "premium" data why not get the bonus 4G speeds?

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch
    09-22-2011 04:08 PM
    Because they don't realize how fast it can. Be... I'm in the the greater Chicago land area &
    surrounding suburbs & North west Indiana... I usually get 1 - 2mb 3G / 3.5 - 12.5mb 4G... I've had Tmobile for years actually when they were "Voicestream" wireless great service although there 3G speeds were avg. 1.5mb two years ago! Sprints excellent it all depends on your area, however I'm stock of people bashing sgs2 touch & the now network! I had Verizon prior to Sprint & had nearly 1 bar everywhere I went (same areas) by the way, but I'm sure its not just lies (can you hear me now) not in my area lol!
    09-22-2011 09:14 PM
    Yep.. living in the boonies..

Phoenix Arizona.1,321,045 people

4g coverage consist of about 10 city blocks and in of all places, the boonies of Phoenix.
    09-23-2011 10:03 AM
    Thats horrible. Thats my 3G Speeds
    LMAO, exactly. My wife hits better numbers on Verizon 3G.
    09-23-2011 10:55 AM
    Yep.. living in the boonies..

Phoenix Arizona.1,321,045 people

4g coverage consist of about 10 city blocks and in of all places, the boonies of Phoenix.
    Also in the boonies of Indianapolis - 1,756,241.

And no 4G anywhere!
    09-24-2011 08:22 PM
    Man, I'm in Chapel Hill (a small college town in NC) and there's 4G even indoors, at least near windows. Sprint's rollout of 4G makes no sense to this feeble mind...
    09-24-2011 08:28 PM
    Wow in Phoenix I'd guess you guys def. Had coverage there, that's a pretty popular city! Wonder why it isn't more coverage available there?
    09-24-2011 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD