FaceBook and Google contacts

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I too am trying to figure out a permanent solution. What have found that works, is to go to edit that contact and long press the Google pic and select remove icon. It will then use the Facebook pic. I've done this with my wife's contact card but that damn Google pic has come back twice on me since launch. Can't figure out why. Hope that helps get you started

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

x31forest

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First step is to install Facebook and log in.

Second step is to go to Contacts list, menu - More - Accounts. You can see in there the accounts that sync with contacts. When you click on Facebook you can select to Sync Contacts.

Happy Epic Touching!

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
i will chime in that.. for syncing contact pictures with fb profile pics..I find that using the skin specific facebook integration typically works out better

so for eptouch.. go to accounts... and log in under Social Hub's Facebook. then it should sync most pictures that has the same name.. if it doesn't.. you can go to the contact.. click Join account, and join with a specific FB accounts

Not scientific, but somehow I felt it works better than native facebook app..a nd the picture seems higher quality (plus social hub pulls the latest status update from fb for your contact)

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I tried the hub and that didn't work for what needed it to. However I just figured out my issue, which I believe is the same as the op. If it is, go to the contact in question, hit menu then hit set as default. In there you can default the profile pic, phone, email etc

Reactions: jordant2

jordant2

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I tried the hub and that didn't work for what needed it to. However I just figured out my issue, which I believe is the same as the op. If it is, go to the contact in question, hit menu then hit set as default. In there you can default the profile pic, phone, email etc

Thank you so much. Thanks given. Don't really post here but I was trying to figure this out and your post nailed it! I never saw the set defaults option.

PillowMetal

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
HTC Sense really has contact integration nailed, and I was really missing it until I found this thread. tkemack nailed the solution already, but I thought I would outline the behavior of the Epic Touch contact integration if you don't set the default.

It basically uses the picture of the first service you have synced/joined in this order: Google, Facebook, LinkedIn. So if you don't have a Facebook person in your Google account, it will use the Facebook picture, event there is also a LinkedIn picture. But as soon as you add that person as a google contact, that picture will override any other picture. Thus, the default property is very useful.

On another related note, you can reduce a cluttered list of contacts and still benefit from the Facebook picture connection by going to Menu-->Display Options and filter out those contacts you don't want shown, but they will still be eligible for joining and defaulting, etc.

Starting to really like this Epic...

scheumanrj

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Great tip. Thanks!

CansFan

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Used the tip from "themack" and worked great but for some reason it doesn't have the latest facebook pictures from facebook. I've hit "sync contacts"-"Sync with existing contacts" on the face book app settings and still don't have the latest pics. I've also synced through the phone settings but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Zach01012

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for the same thing as CansFan. The photos will not update to the current profile pictures. It just sticks with the one the person had when they were added to contacts. Anyone know a solution?

EDIT
This may not be the easiest way but go back in to each contact. Click on phone. Click on the picture and select remove photo. Make sure that none of the other selections at the top have photos other than the FB one. Click save and the photo will be the current profile picture. Or at least current as of that moment.

Last edited: