Article - How to Improve Your Samsung Epic 4G Signal

asteetva

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
all the settings

I did write them down and i will post them here either later tonight or tomorrow. I left the paper in a friends car, have to wait for them to call back.

Sent from my Sprint Eptouch 4G

Hi did you write down only those two setting? Can you post all the settings for WIMA? I feel that I might have changed some other settings by mistake.
Thanks

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi did you write down only those two setting? Can you post all the settings for WIMA? I feel that I might have changed some other settings by mistake.
Thanks

Yes it was only those two that i wrote down, sorry. I didn't post them because someone had already beat me too it.

Sent from my Sprint Eptouch 4G

hbcondo

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm jealous that some folks here have reported noticeable speed increases with the settings tweaks and I haven't. I actually went to a sprint repair store today (as recommended by a sprint technical support rep) and after being told to come back in a hour to see if they can determine the phone is okay or not, they told me they can't even diagnose the Epic 4G Touch b/c their diagnostic tools haven't even been updated to support the phone yet!

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I think I changed some other settings by mistake like ExitCNR and ExitDelay. Can someone please post all of their original values in Wimax->Extensions screen like ScanAttemptTimeOut, ScanRetries, IdleSleep, EntryDelay, ExitCINR, ExitDelay. Thanks!!

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I think I changed some other settings by mistake like ExitCNR and ExitDelay. Can someone please post all of their original values in Wimax->Extensions screen like ScanAttemptTimeOut, ScanRetries, IdleSleep, EntryDelay, ExitCINR, ExitDelay. Thanks!!

ScanAttemptTimeOut 00002
ScanRetries 00120
IdleSleep 00010
EntryDelay 00300
ExitCINR 00002
ExitDelay 00002

Reactions: taylormah

Psychosaturn

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh so you have to have a 4G signal. I only have 3G where I live. I worried a bit since am almost two weeks learning about Android. Thought I messed up my settings. I did do the 3G fix and so far seems like it gave me a boost. We will see in the long run.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh so you have to have a 4G signal. I only have 3G where I live. I worried a bit since am almost two weeks learning about Android. Thought I messed up my settings. I did do the 3G fix and so far seems like it gave me a boost. We will see in the long run.

Yes, the setting changes for 4G won't stick unless you're connected to 4G when you make them.

xtn

Reactions: Psychosaturn

Nonja

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help me out with finding my MSL code using ConnectBot (or another program)? I followed the instructions in the Softpedia article, but what I thought was my MSL code (the only 6 digit number I could find) didn't work.

What I thought was my MSL code showed up in ConnectBot, after typing "getprop", next to [gsm.operator.numeric]. The number was purely numeric, no letters.

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get to the 4G settings on the Epic Touch 4G? I turned on Wimax before dialing ##3282# I can view or edit. I select edit and put in my MSL. From there, my choices are
Data Profile
EVDO
Advanced
USB Charging
Others

I've changed my proxy settings by going to others, but I don't see anything for wimax. I've looked under each selection but don't seem to find it.

Capp5050

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
BUMP! (me too)

NEVER MIND!

On the Epic 4G Touch, when the first menu comes up, select 'View' (not Edit) , and when you get to the field you want to change, hold it down until 'Write Extension' comes up. Everything else remains the same.

Separate question, if anyone cares to respond:

- Doesn't changing the value from -89 to -110 basically only lower the threshold signal level at which 4G will connect? In other words, doesn't this effectively tell the phone to connect to 4G even if the signal is as low as e.g., -110db? In that case, wouldn't the signal be weaker, and thus perhaps unable to achieve the 4G 'promised' data rates?

Is it possible that -089db was thought to be the 'break-even' point, where below that signal level, 3G would perform as well or better?

All of this is speculation on my part, because I don't even know what half the acronyms in the settings stand for, but I'm usually hesitant to follow a 'do THIS and THIS will happen' instruction without understanding the WHY behind it.

Thx,

Andy Capp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34