Is there any way to stop the e4gt from compressing mms messages?

sportsplayer5959

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
When i send pictures through an mms message they get distorted (especially screen shots... They are very difficult to read) because the messaging app compresses it. My brother has the evo 3d and a developer made a zip file that you could flash to stop the messaging app from compressing it. Anything similar for a non-rooted e4gt?

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there any way to stop the e4gt from compressing mms messag

Yeah, I noticed the same problem yesterday. I tried Handcent and the photo went through smoothly, so it's definitely an issue w/ the stock messaging app. That's a shame b/c I like the preview panes and the overall functionality of the TouchWiz app, but Samsung is definitely going to have to fix that problem.

I think for now I'm going to continue using the stock app and just use Handcent when I need to send pics, at least until I get annoyed w/ it...

Reactions: sportsplayer5959

sportsplayer5959

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i tried go sms becuse i used to use it on my old phone but the picture is still distorted even though it is not compressed. Handcent works good though

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there any way to stop the e4gt from compressing mms messag

I reported it to the Samsung Support handle on twitter and they said they'll look into it. So I'm guessing it'll be addressed in the 1st update. Can't be too hard to fix...

Reactions: sportsplayer5959

sportsplayer5959

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I reported it to the Samsung Support handle on twitter and they said they'll look into it. So I'm guessing it'll be addressed in the 1st update. Can't be too hard to fix...

Thanks man. Hopefully they will listen. Im kind of suprised there hasnt been a update yet. Htc rolls them out constantly after their phones are released

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk