pinch zoom changes

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
OK one of the things I have noticed when I first used the browser is when you pinch zoom you can't pan while zooming. Something happened yesterday and this changed. All of a sudden I could pan while doing the pinch zoom motion. Well it went back so I thought maybe I was dreaming or something. Well it just switched back again in the middle of browsing. It can pan while pinching and zooming and it is even more responsive than it was before. Wtf is going on?

Nonja

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
sounds like it ended up being a good thing (i never noticed any lack of being able to pan while zooming). what annoys me is the gmail app doesn't support pinch to zoom!

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it's really weird. Just picked up my wife's and it will not pan while zooming while mine does. I have no explanation for this. And I hear you on the gmail app.

Unklekeg

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
webOS convertee here and proud new owner of a Sprint GS2 ....but .... Google's own operating system doesn't even support google's own email client for something like pinch to zoom? F'ing really?

So let me continue down the path of filling in the gaps by downloading more apps to work around basic missing functionality........ what's the best free email client out there? And if there is one that is cheap that really brings it, let me get some weigh ins on that too.......

Thanks,

Unklekeg

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
more apathy... so here's a paste from my other thread that no one commented on either (different subject and device same lack of a reposonse)

I posted this a week ago and not one stinkin' reply? I also posted this over at XDA and one other site.... same thing ..... I miss the enthusiasm of precentral and webOS overall as a user group. whaaaaaa.:'(

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Gee, I wonder why no one responded to that... Especially at xda. ;)

I know, right!

unclekeg - A couple things:

I'm a Palm/webOS convert as well, and I hear you on your comments about the Android community. WebOS community was much much smaller, and centrally located, and therefore tighter knit.

Android community is far larger, and more spread out. I think you'll find you may have to do a bit more leg work to get the the place that gives you the answer you need. But, this is a great place, no doubt about it.

XDA folks seem to be on another level. Understandable that you may not get a response there. (I kinda equate them similar lines as the webOS Internals guys - far beyond most of us. :) )

On your question: try K9 email. I can't comment personally as I don't have it installed, but it's massively popular. Nearly everything I could do on my Pre I can do on my GS2, and way faster, on a much much prettier screen.

Milominderbinder's sticky's should be must-read's for anyone new. I'm pretty sure he even has a dedicated coming-from-weOS section.

Lastly, give the conversion some time. I think you'll find the folks here are very helpful. I know they've helped me a bunch already.

Hope this helps.