Google Movies and HBO GO

SecurityCameraKing

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
So, I have to say I am impressed with the Epic 4G touch. However, I have noticed some issues I didn't have with my EVO. Specifically relating to videos, but I am not sure if there is a relation here. The Android market will not update to the new version which includes Google Movies. On my Evo, this update happened automatically OTA. Next, as I have seen from other users, neither HBO GO, nor MAX GO will playback video. Everything else seems to work in those apps like audio ect, but no video. Are these two problems related? I was under the assumption that this OS version would be compatible with Google Movies (the new version of Android Market). Is there an update coming?

One last issue, maybe someone can answer. I do not see any way of removing the shortcut for "messaging" at the bottom of the home screen. I use Google voice so there is really no need for this shortcut and it is wasting prime real estate. all the other shortcuts above the bottom line can be moved, removed ect..but I see no way of changing the default shortcuts that were on the bottom of the screen. I want to replace it with a short cut for GMAIL.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I have movies on mine and have since launch day. Version 3.1.5 I believe.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
To change the messaging button, select "Applications" from the home screen. Then hit Menu --> Edit and Drag Gmail or Google Voice or whatever app down to the position where you want it. It will automatically replace the messaging icon.

SecurityCameraKing

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help with changing the "Messages" App. Worked perfect. As for the Market, mine is version 2.3.6 and does not have movies like the Market on my Evo had. Has something changed?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I also have the hbo go issue as does everyone else with our phone. Hope for a fix soon

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech