09-23-2011 12:23 PM
36 12
tools
    I miss sense all the widgets, & the quick restart reboot option on E3d...
    A full reboot on the SGS2 is almost as quick as a quick restart on the E3D. lol
    09-23-2011 06:08 AM
    My only problem is the volumn using a headset for calls. The volumn is too low, yes I am a little hard of hearing, but I turn it up all the way and still not loud enough. I put my Shure ear buds in, turn music on and it's really loud. Strange. I am told by Sprint people there is a update coming really soon, should fix this I hope. I had a Photon, great phone S2 is better.

How do I change the system default Messaging App on Home page to Handcent?
    09-23-2011 07:53 AM
    Coming from a Photon, what I miss about

1) Speakers. Loud and clear!
    2) Mics. Sound on videos was awsome.
    3) Screen transition. The smooth roll and the off blink.
    4) Radios. It can really pull a signal.
    The E4GT is good at all these also and by far the better phone but the Photon does these a little better.
    09-23-2011 08:23 AM
    Awesome feedback everyone! I really appreciate it.

It's funny how we sometimes miss the "little things" compared to big features.
    09-23-2011 08:32 AM
    Who said you can't cook ham with it. When I got out of bed this morning my ET was already in the kitchen making bacon.

xtn
    09-23-2011 08:51 AM
    Who said you can't cook ham with it. When I got out of bed this morning my ET was already in the kitchen making bacon.

xtn
    Yea once I picked up the Hamdroid App from the Marketplace it was able to take care of this for me. It was well worth the 99 cents it cost. I really like the customization, softer to crunchier bacon, and the ability to handle multiple ham formats.
    Ricolando likes this.
    09-23-2011 09:43 AM
    Yea once I picked up the Hamdroid App from the Marketplace it was able to take care of this for me. It was well worth the 99 cents it cost. I really like the customization, softer to crunchier bacon, and the ability to handle multiple ham formats.
    lol I wonder if it can handle ham any better than it can handle Canadian bacon...

Anyway, this is great feedback. I'll be getting my E4GT in the mail in a few days and am really looking forward to discovering my own little pros and cons from having the OG Epic since launch.

I know I will miss all the customization that rooting and ROMs have delivered to my OG Epic, but I'm sure those are on the way from developers and it will be well worth the wait
    09-23-2011 11:00 AM
    No mobile view of web pages disabling option in browser settings is a lil bit of a negative
    09-23-2011 11:21 AM
    When I had it for some reason I was so used to iOS and being able to see missed and new text messages before I unlocked my phone. Maybe I was missing something? But after digging through settings I couldn't find anything.
    The Epic 4G Touch Lockscreen allows you to add your name and number if found, move the time, and change the background but not add notifications. See: How to Customize the Epic 4G Touch Lock Screen

From the Getting Started section on Setup, use a Lock screen replacement app like Executive Assistant:

Executive Assistant (free) Set repeating alerts for calls, texts, emails, etc. Option to put them on your lock screen! (No ad version, Details)

Statusnone likes this.
    09-23-2011 11:53 AM
    The Epic 4G Touch Lockscreen allows you to add your name and number if found, move the time, and change the background but not add notifications. See: How to Customize the Epic 4G Touch Lock Screen

From the Getting Started section on Setup, use a Lock screen replacement app like Executive Assistant:

Executive Assistant (free) Set repeating alerts for calls, texts, emails, etc. Option to put them on your lock screen! (No ad version, Details)

You are completely awesome. Hope it's the same settings for the AT&T variant. Really appreciate the response.
    09-23-2011 12:15 PM
    Silly little things really sum up what I miss about my old phones. I wanted to start a similar thread about how to change the Epic Touch but this is certainly the right forum.
    1) Notification light - Love how bright and vibrant it is (I can see it much easier than my Photon or even Evo) however I would like it to blink more than once every 5 seconds (or however long it does, it is not often enough)
    2) Recent apps - The Evo had 8 (if I remember correctly, it seems like ages ago), the Photon had like 16, while the Epic Touch has 6. Not a dealbreaker by any sense of the imagination.
    3) Small bugs - My auto brightness seems to be all over the place. It isnt impacted battery life (full day with plenty to spare) so it isnt a problem, but it would be nice if they address in the first update
    4) Sprint speed - Plenty of people will have an issue with Sprint 3G speeds. I find the overall time it takes to load a page on this to actually be better than my Photon. That being said, who wouldnt want more speed

It is clear this phone is the king of the mountain right now as far as Android Superphones. Surely in another month there will be something a tad fast but right now this is a good as I've seen, felt, used and held.
    1. See the Getting Started section on Setup Repeating Alert LED's and Tones
    Reminder Pro ($2) is another option to set repeating notification sounds, vibration, and LEDs. Calls-only trial. Light Flow LED (Trial)
    Lightflow Lite (free) lets you set repeating alarms. The full version ($1) adds a list of other features.

2. If you just want to see more than 6 or 8 recent apps, MoreRecent shows 15 apps.

3. It is so easy to use the notification slider, I just set it the way I want.

4. If you are not getting at least 1MB upload on Speedtest, call Sprint and complain.
    09-23-2011 12:23 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD