This phone is "Excellent" any relevant complaints?

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Sick of people bashing "samsung epic galaxy touch 1000 4gs II touch me. Other than the extra long name touch wiz after sense, & the inability to disable the shutter sound on the camera the phones excellent and so is the "now network" backing it! I've been reading the forums & there seems to be an extreme ly large amount of cry babies out there regarding this phone. What do you people want? It'sa glitch free "fast" phone! I would like to hear from satisfied users with significant complaints... If any.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Sick of people bashing "samsung epic galaxy touch 1000 4gs II touch me. Other than the extra long name touch wiz after sense, & the inability to disable the shutter sound on the camera the phones excellent and so is the "now network" backing it! I've been reading the forums & there seems to be an extreme ly large amount of cry babies out there regarding this phone. What do you people want? It'sa glitch free "fast" phone! I would like to hear from satisfied users with significant complaints... If any.

Yeah i have one complaint, the screenshot you submitted isn't from the galaxy II.

Sent from my Sprint Eptouch 4G

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
no product is ever perfect for everyone, I have no problem with people expressing their displeasure. Its a great phone, and like everything its got its faults. For example putting the power button on the side where people's hands go. That said IMO the benefits of the phone far outweigh the negatives at this point and can only get better with system updates.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Worried about this phone not being ev rev B , I'm sure it will be compatible but is it going to have a speed benefit if our hardware is outdated. Kinda like usb 3 is compatible with 2.0 but your not going to be running 3.0 speeds.

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Worried about this phone not being ev rev B , I'm sure it will be compatible but is it going to have a speed benefit if our hardware is outdated. Kinda like usb 3 is compatible with 2.0 but your not going to be running 3.0 speeds.

+1 that could be a big downer

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Def. Concerned about the network change

I thought this phone, as well 3d was going to be supported by this network change?
That speed test pic was from my E3d, lol but i pull those speeds as well as signal strength everywhereI travel and I'm always on the move!

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Def. Concerned about the network change

I thought this phone, as well 3d was going to be supported by this network change?
That speed test pic was from my E3d, lol but i pull those speeds as well as signal strength everywhereI travel and I'm always on the move!

some websites are saying both devices will while the photon wont and some are are saying the Epic touch wont....so really no one knows till it happens lol

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Heck no one even knows when or if Sprint will actually roll out Rev B

Exactly. It's possible, maybe even likely ... but I'm trying to keep a level head about it. If the odd circumstance occurs where Sprint does flip the switch on Rev. B, and this phone can't operate on it, I'll be bummed but it ain't the end of the world for me. The fact that Sprint could be making ANY improvements to its data network makes me happy enough.

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I sincerely hope they give us rev B on this phone. Neither Sprint or Samsung are willing to give an official answer on this phone definitively having rev B upgradability. This is a fantastic phone but the data speeds are much slower than my EVO 3D got. I still wouldn't go back to the EVO but at least the EVO is officially getting rev B for EVDO; I wish Samsung or Sprint would tell us for sure what the deal is with this phone.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
So I guess the 3D is truly there flagship phone, couldn't see myself swapping back to it either... I just thought it was kool to sprint introducing so many options & hi-end phone brands that you could actually argue friends which was best! Photon, Evo 3d, SGSII, ect...this just constantly makes me think of the late updates for the epic 4g! However those evo's kept fresh updates like the htc sense weather widget. Well less glitches means less updates. I'll wait for the one important rev b if it receives one, otherwise I guess I'm happy now while sgs II currently reigns supreme!

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Sadly since I paid 500$ for this I will be returning it next week until I know 100% its status for the network change.

I cant justify paying that much for outdated hardware.

If it means going back to my Evo3d so be it. The data network is so terrible here I need every ounce of help I can get.

I just cant believe Sprint would screw up such a AWESOME phone on such a trivial detail.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Sadly since I paid 500$ for this I will be returning it next week until I know 100% its status for the network change.

I cant justify paying that much for outdated hardware.

If it means going back to my Evo3d so be it. The data network is so terrible here I need every ounce of help I can get.

I just cant believe Sprint would screw up such a AWESOME phone on such a trivial detail.
What good is rev B on 3D if The device battery life is bad lol
E4GT might be data slow but has double the battery life.....heck even more by some user reports

Anyway data speeds important to me hope this beast of device is REV B capable but if not I have no problem dealing with slower data in exchange for butter smooth performance ,Better hardware & much much much much much better battery life which is E4GT.

bobby35ny

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
What good is the phone battery if you can't make a call on it?
The wifi and radio signal is just horrid on this phone.
Rest of the phone is awesome!
I'm waiting for an update before 2 weeks, if no update I am returning it.
-bobby

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What good is rev B on 3D if The device battery life is bad lol
E4GT might be data slow but has double the battery life.....heck even more by some user reports

Anyway data speeds important to me hope this beast of device is REV B capable but if not I have no problem dealing with slower data in exchange for butter smooth performance ,Better hardware & much much much much much better battery life which is E4GT.

I still own the 3d :) Its temporary really. I need to know all the facts before investing 500 bucks.

And battery is far from bad for me, rooted with the right ROM and the E3D is a beast. Just the camera sucks and the screen is so sub par vs this amoled+

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
What good is the phone battery if you can't make a call on it?
The wifi and radio signal is just horrid on this phone.
Rest of the phone is awesome!
I'm waiting for an update before 2 weeks, if no update I am returning it.
-bobby
where do you live? My radio it's excellent! Although in my house I have two bars of wi-fi
With sgs2, where I had 3 bars with 3d before, the important thing is my pages load a little bit faster. so it's not about the signal indicator, but the performance! I never drop calls anymore, & barry life compared to 3d, lol that's just not fair sgs2 VARSITY! 3D J.V...

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Sam: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE STOP POSTING THAT PIC!!!!!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G