11-15-2011 10:09 AM
98 1234
tools
    These numbers are highly fabricated ..we all love our phones but less be honest though ..not even an extended battery last that long with even light usage
    Check out this thread:
    30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You Go?

Did you do those settings?

Here are my typical numbers. I am an Advisor here. I do the Getting Started Gudies. The numbers are real.

That's 30 hours with 31% left.

When you look at your Battery usage, is Android OS over 25%? If so, you may have a rouge app or widget. I have 150 apps and a lot of widgets but I was careful to remove the battery suckers. I know I could get a better battery life by givng up some things but I am OK as is.

Are you in an area with poor reception or are you frequently roaming? In these cases, the phone is constantly on, trying to find a better tower.

Could you give us your Battery usage screenshot? What are your settings, apps, and widgets?
    09-23-2011 02:39 PM
    Not a fan of the lockscreen either. It felt really spazzy trying to move the entire picture to the edge using just my thumb on one handed mode, and try as I might, I could not get it done in one quick fluid motion. So I moved to Widgetlocker.

https://market.android.com/details?i...etlocker&hl=en

The program is awesome. Not only do you get the native Android unlock mechanism, you can also customize the lock screen with any widget. Right now, I added Slacker, Pocket Casts, Battery, and Flashlight. I might have to reconsider the flashlight -- I've turned it on accidentally while putting the phone in my pocket a couple of times now.
    09-23-2011 02:49 PM
    I'm very happy with mine. As soon as they come out with a fix for the slow data, I'll be thrilled.
    09-23-2011 03:18 PM
    Take a look at "Agile lock" in the marketplace. I haven't tested it out in dept on the Epic 4G Touch but I believe it will work and give you the newer "sense like" EVO 3D lock screen.

Market link: Agile Lock
    Thanks for the info! It works great and looks awesome! So much better than stock.
    09-23-2011 07:04 PM
    Love mine so far. Some things I don't like are the lockscreen and the fact that i seem to get lost in all the settings sometimes. also the market place doesn't have a lot of apps that i used to use on my old iphone 4. Also, HBO GO and MAX GO don't work for 2.3.4. Sprint network kinda sucks in my area too.

haha other than all that, love it.
    09-23-2011 07:22 PM
    I have tried every 4g phone on verizon and even several 3g phones. Every phone had major issues. I was so frustrated. I just picked up the epic touch and I love it. It is the best phone I have ever used. No issues at all. I don't have the lte speeds, but the 3g service works great where I am. If you are on the fence and looking, don't look any further. By far, the best phone.
    BOSSY TEXAS CHICK and ParysC like this.
    09-23-2011 08:20 PM
    lovin mine. it's a sweet phone.

only thing i really hate is the camera shutter sounds. can't turn them off and they bug!!!
    09-23-2011 08:56 PM
    I know I am very happy with my choice...loved my evo 4g.... my evo 3d not so much...but the Epic 4g Touch = WINNER in my book.
    09-23-2011 09:27 PM
    I know I am very happy with my choice...loved my evo 4g.... my evo 3d not so much...but the Epic 4g Touch = WINNER in my book.
    I had the Evo 3D, the battery issues were the biggest thing to me. The fact that it almost never could get a 100% battery charge pissed me off a little bit.
    09-23-2011 09:59 PM
    Actually I change my mind. I'm not happy with this phone. I've tried several times now and the damn thing won't make me a sandwich!
    ParysC likes this.
    09-23-2011 10:23 PM
    Thanks for the info! It works great and looks awesome! So much better than stock.
    I've been using Agile lock for three days now and I'm periodically having the problem that it defaults back to the samsung lock screen... There are some options to fix the double lock bug in the agile lock settings but theres not really good documentation on it. I'll have to experiment
    09-23-2011 11:30 PM
    Actually I change my mind. I'm not happy with this phone. I've tried several times now and the damn thing won't make me a sandwich!
    Give it time, JayWill. It will be making you an Ice Cream Sandwich soon, courtesy of the awesome devs.
    BOSSY TEXAS CHICK likes this.
    09-25-2011 09:17 PM
    Im still on the fence.. The only 3 things this phone has going for it is the screen, speed ( but still lags) and a good still camera.. Everthing else is pretty much sub par
    linzgeneral likes this.
    09-25-2011 09:29 PM
    Im still on the fence.. The only 3 things this phone has going for it is the screen, speed ( but still lags) and a good still camera.. Everthing else is pretty much sub par
    sub par? I don't come hear to argue, but, "them's fightin'words".....lol j/k hope u find something you enjoy more, my search is over : )
    09-25-2011 10:23 PM
    Love it. The only thing that I don't like about it is the lockscreen, but that isn't even worth mentioning. Camera is up to par with semi-pro gear. It just works for me.
    Dude go with the no lock from the market. The I hate all lockscreens they are waste of time. If it just opens to your homescreen that is way better then your lockscreen with 4 icons to choose from, like HTC sense 3.0. Imo.
    09-26-2011 12:40 AM
    I love this phone. the screen is big, its fast and it works like a dream. I can't believe that I can give up my Nexus S but with this phone, samsung and touchwiz add small things that I miss on the iPhone. and its great to have this kind of power but have that user friendly system.

and its like a mini tablet for asians. LOL
    09-26-2011 01:50 AM
    Finally got it this past Friday. Love just about everything on this phone except the time it takes to charge the phone completely.

LOVE IT!!
    09-26-2011 11:23 AM
    I came to Android from the iPhone 3GS when the Evo 4G was released. My daughter now has and loves the Evo and I'm loving the E4GT!
    09-26-2011 12:51 PM
    I am very happy with this phone. I do see a slightly weaker signal but that causes very few problems for me.
    09-26-2011 12:57 PM
    Great to see all of this positive feedback. The problem threads keep making me look for issues, but I personally haven't run into any. Everyone's mileage varies, but for me this is cellphone nirvana.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch
    09-26-2011 03:01 PM
    I'm liking mine very much. I came from the Evo 4g, which I thought was the mother of all phones. However, after using this phone for a week I am convinced this is the best Android (possibly any OS) smartphone on the market today.
    09-26-2011 03:28 PM
    I'm liking mine very much. I came from the Evo 4g, which I thought was the mother of all phones. However, after using this phone for a week I am convinced this is the best Android (possibly any OS) smartphone on the market today.

EVO 4G was absolutely the mother of all phones, (i had one and LOVED it) but this is The Big Daddy : )

BTC
    R2D2 631 likes this.
    09-26-2011 04:36 PM
    Love this phone. The only problems I've had are related to Sprints network and not the phone. I love HTC devices but this phone is beyond anything I've seen. Great phone!
    09-26-2011 04:52 PM
    I love the phone so far and am coming from an EVO, which I also enjoyed. No real issues other than photo compression issues w/ stock messaging app. But I just use Handcent for now. Love the Kies Air, email previews, display, speed, folders, etc.

I'm going to try to optimize my batt life, as I see people getting major mileage out of their phones. I don't need to get 30 hours or anything crazy as I want to enjoy the beautiful screen and benefits of having a smart phone. But I'll change a few settings here or there to improve my batt life. I currently get about 10-12 hours w/o charging, but that's about 4 or 5 hours more than I was getting with my EVO. But ideally, I just want to get through a full day and not have to charge it until bed.
    09-26-2011 06:07 PM
    Maybe you should take it back and get a Photon so you can enjoy the screendoor look of the pentile screen. You won't see any Quadrant results like this, though.
    Attachment 15603
    09-26-2011 07:01 PM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD