11-15-2011 10:09 AM
98 1234
tools
    I have the ET4G and photon and while I love the epic am not going to return it I still have my 3vo as well I lovehave htc sense but photon is better as a phone waiting for an update or a true fix for signal issues
    09-26-2011 08:16 PM
    im coming from a palm pre and this is a good phone....im happy with it!
    09-27-2011 11:17 PM
    Maybe you should take it back and get a Photon so you can enjoy the screendoor look of the pentile screen. You won't see any Quadrant results like this, though.
    Attachment 15603
    Quadrants don't mean much in real life application..Also im considering that I will take the barely noticable "screendoor" look of the pentile screen over the obviously noticable inability of the Epic Touch to display whites correctly without the blue dull tint!
    09-27-2011 11:25 PM
    Quadrants don't mean much in real life application..Also im considering that I will take the barely noticable "screendoor" look of the pentile screen over the obviously noticable inability of the Epic Touch to display whites correctly without the blue dull tint!
    Yup. Both screen technologies have their downsides. I prefer the SAMOLED Plus screens though, even with their weaker whites, over Motorola's current qHD PenTile displays. Displays are a very personal thing, so the only winner is what looks good to each person's eye. PenTile does tend to inspire more hate though. You'll never see a "love the phone, hate the screen" thread in a Samsung forum, although the other way around is very possible heh.
    09-28-2011 01:24 AM
    Seriously addicted to it! Its so sexy its untouchable no more charger problems maybe it was the outlet, I'm back acquainted with touch wiz also. This phone now officially takes the crown for "best I ever had" overshadowing the once great galaxy s Vibrant...
    Doesn't kind remind you of your favorite girl, seeing that its just so difficult to put down?
    Need a third designated GS2 hand...

Wonder if there any studies on negative effects of heavy smart phone usage? Lol
    09-28-2011 02:47 AM
    Loving mine so far. A few gripes as well but that's normal .Videos are killer on this screen. I can't understand how people can still complain about the screen lol.... IMO once the data speeds are upgraded across the board and faster this phone and Sprint will be perfect. And i believe JayWill72 said it before, This is a great 2 year phone... Eventhough i may still upgrade after a year for GSIII lol
    09-28-2011 05:03 AM

hey dguid!

Wouldn't try to convince YOU which is a bigger flaw, (from reading your numerous posts and replies, i see better ppl than me have tried and failed : ) but to others who are considering this phone, keep in mind the "lesser whites" is really only noticeable in side by side comparisons to other phones", but in real use because the blacks are so deep, the white /black contrast is totally acceptable. And it needs to be pointed out the "deep blacks vs the backlit blacks" is far more noticeable and harder to live with... I really liked my lil mopho, but not a day went by when viewing any dark screen on it that i was like, "dang this screen looks washed out..."

BTC
    dm3ready likes this.
    09-28-2011 05:54 AM
    I'm more than happy with mine. I'm incredibly picky too.
    09-28-2011 06:22 AM
    im coming from a palm pre and this is a good phone....im happy with it!
    I too, am coming off a pre. The speed of the phone alone gets me over the android hump. Not that webos is better, just different. I love this phone! Everything works, and works well.
    09-28-2011 12:53 PM
    I too, am coming off a pre. The speed of the phone alone gets me over the android hump. Not that webos is better, just different. I love this phone! Everything works, and works well.
    Me three from Pre. Yeah, the phone rocks. Looked hard at the evo, evo3D (too heavy for my taste, and 3D not needed in any way/shape/form by me) and the Nexus (a very very nice phone).

Tried the GSII and was blown away by the screen quality, and the size/weight ratio (it's crazy light, esp for as big as it is). It's probably bigger than I really wanted, but geez, I guess I can suffer with it.

Battery was nothing short of amazing the first couple days. Now that I've got ~120 apps on it (and only a few widgets), battery seems to be draining pretty quickly. Gonna have to back up a bit and try and figure out why.

Terribly sad to see webOS phones die, but very happy with GSII!
    09-28-2011 02:30 PM
    I've had my phone for a week, now.

I trialed an Echo last month, but ended up returning it because of the bar (and the price drop).
    Based on the EOL list, I wasn't alone.

But this one I really like.
    It's my first real Android, after years of a Treo and a Winmobile 6.5 phone.
    There are a few things I'm still figuring out, and things I can see just aren't there, but it's a keeper.

And, no, I'm not planning to root it. I want a phone I can just use, without constant tinkering.
    I can do that on one of my linux or windows boxen if I really feel the need.

09-28-2011 03:45 PM
    I like it a lot. First time android user, took my a while to understand how to freaking install a rom, but loving it now haha...
    09-28-2011 03:49 PM
    I'm still enjoying this phone after one month! Usually by this time I'm looking toward the future device, or missing my previous device! None of the above here I'm hoping cellular technology doesn't progress to the point a new handset is needed in 6 months. I think 5+ in ch screens on a smart phone is ridiculous, so I'm paying attention to processors & chips during the months to come. I believe samsung truly out did themselves. Its also a truly good feeling that Sprints newest edition handset recently released, doesn't completely destroy sgsII with specs! I am truly still happy with my epic touch!
    10-18-2011 09:23 AM
    Got it on Sept. 29 and have never had a single issue. I guess I got lucky this time, best phone period.
    10-18-2011 06:01 PM
    So here we are over a month later and dguidry still has this phone while bashing it every chance he gets. What's up with that?
    11-04-2011 02:47 AM
    some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something...
    L A Z I Z A likes this.
    11-04-2011 06:27 AM
    This is a great phone, message center, and multi-media player. The only problems I have had are getting used to android over blackberry os. Takes a while but I am much better typing without a keyboard. Especially with voice command.
    11-04-2011 07:03 AM
    Came from a long time Blackberry user to the S II Epic and I could not be happier. It is WAY more customizable than Blackberry ever will be, and for the artist in me I love that.
    11-04-2011 11:50 AM
    Love it. The only thing that I don't like about it is the lockscreen, but that isn't even worth mentioning. Camera is up to par with semi-pro gear. It just works for me.
    If you don't like the lockscreen, try Agile Lock in the Android Market. It is basically the same lockscreen as the HTC Evo 3D's.
    11-04-2011 11:54 AM
    Almost 2 months after buying the phone and i still love it! Best phone to get right now hands down! I'm still surprised at how this phone has gone "under the radar" as i have yet to see anybody else with one when i'm out and about.
    11-04-2011 12:53 PM
    I'm on my last day of a 14 day trial period with my phone. I went to Sprint from VirginMobile for this phone. I'm paying much more in cellular fees, but I get so much more use out of my phone. It's even replacing a lot of my tablet usage because it is so much easier to carry around.

Only issues I have are deciding which Android apps and widgets to use. I don't want to root. Sprint didn't install too much crapware and let me uninstsall a bunch. Touchwiz has a lot of cool features that I see are being replicated in ICS.

Ok one thing I don't like is the lock screen, but I've replaced that with WidgetLocker.

I do wish there was a dedicated hardware button for the camera. That was nice on my LG Optimus V.

As for Sprint service, I was getting the same basic coverage on VM (which makes sense since its an off brand of theirs). But I also get roaming and 4g where I got nothing before. Makes it worth the price.
    11-04-2011 02:46 PM
    Came from a long time Blackberry user to the S II Epic and I could not be happier. It is WAY more customizable than Blackberry ever will be, and for the artist in me I love that.
    I totally agree that Blackberry is very limited.
    goheels1_ likes this.
    11-04-2011 04:38 PM
    I came from WebOS Pre, thought its was the greatest OS. I am getting used to Android and WebOS what, who??? I love the phone, got Juice Defender Unlimited which solved some battery issues, but then who didn't have battery issues with the little punk Pre? I am still getting used to the Voice commands, but hey iPhone you finally got those? Duh.

I have to say I am a happy camper, no issues now after 4+ weeks with the phone. Got my 2 spare batteries and charger ($20), but haven't needed them yet.
    11-04-2011 07:06 PM
    I needed this thread! I'm so ready to dump my blackberry and I've read way too many horror stories about loss of service with this phone. So I waited a week and today I've decided to give it a shot. Worst case, I return it next week if I do have loss of service and pay a restocking fee.
    11-05-2011 02:19 PM
    I'm happy with my epic 4g touch. Than again, I did come from a touch pro 2, which was slow. I love the no lag, the voice call are clear, and the screen is amazing. Also, I like android.
    11-05-2011 02:27 PM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD