Who is happy with their Epic 4G Touch?

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone. the screen is big, its fast and it works like a dream. I can't believe that I can give up my Nexus S but with this phone, samsung and touchwiz add small things that I miss on the iPhone. and its great to have this kind of power but have that user friendly system.

and its like a mini tablet for asians. LOL

skyo12

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Finally got it this past Friday. Love just about everything on this phone except the time it takes to charge the phone completely.

LOVE IT!!

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I came to Android from the iPhone 3GS when the Evo 4G was released. My daughter now has and loves the Evo and I'm loving the E4GT!

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Great to see all of this positive feedback. The problem threads keep making me look for issues, but I personally haven't run into any. Everyone's mileage varies, but for me this is cellphone nirvana.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking mine very much. I came from the Evo 4g, which I thought was the mother of all phones. However, after using this phone for a week I am convinced this is the best Android (possibly any OS) smartphone on the market today.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking mine very much. I came from the Evo 4g, which I thought was the mother of all phones. However, after using this phone for a week I am convinced this is the best Android (possibly any OS) smartphone on the market today.

EVO 4G was absolutely the mother of all phones, (i had one and LOVED it) but this is The Big Daddy : )

BTC

3slaters

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Love this phone. The only problems I've had are related to Sprints network and not the phone. I love HTC devices but this phone is beyond anything I've seen. Great phone!

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone so far and am coming from an EVO, which I also enjoyed. No real issues other than photo compression issues w/ stock messaging app. But I just use Handcent for now. Love the Kies Air, email previews, display, speed, folders, etc.

I'm going to try to optimize my batt life, as I see people getting major mileage out of their phones. I don't need to get 30 hours or anything crazy as I want to enjoy the beautiful screen and benefits of having a smart phone. But I'll change a few settings here or there to improve my batt life. I currently get about 10-12 hours w/o charging, but that's about 4 or 5 hours more than I was getting with my EVO. But ideally, I just want to get through a full day and not have to charge it until bed.

Sean-Troy

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the ET4G and photon and while I love the epic am not going to return it I still have my 3vo as well I lovehave htc sense but photon is better as a phone waiting for an update or a true fix for signal issues

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you should take it back and get a Photon so you can enjoy the screendoor look of the pentile screen. You won't see any Quadrant results like this, though.
View attachment 15603

Quadrants don't mean much in real life application..Also im considering that I will take the barely noticable "screendoor" look of the pentile screen over the obviously noticable inability of the Epic Touch to display whites correctly without the blue dull tint!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Quadrants don't mean much in real life application..Also im considering that I will take the barely noticable "screendoor" look of the pentile screen over the obviously noticable inability of the Epic Touch to display whites correctly without the blue dull tint!

Yup. Both screen technologies have their downsides. I prefer the SAMOLED Plus screens though, even with their weaker whites, over Motorola's current qHD PenTile displays. Displays are a very personal thing, so the only winner is what looks good to each person's eye. PenTile does tend to inspire more hate though. You'll never see a "love the phone, hate the screen" thread in a Samsung forum, although the other way around is very possible heh.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Seriously addicted to it! Its so sexy its untouchable no more charger problems maybe it was the outlet, I'm back acquainted with touch wiz also. This phone now officially takes the crown for "best I ever had" overshadowing the once great galaxy s Vibrant...
Doesn't kind remind you of your favorite girl, seeing that its just so difficult to put down?
Need a third designated GS2 hand...

Wonder if there any studies on negative effects of heavy smart phone usage? Lol

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Loving mine so far. A few gripes as well but that's normal .Videos are killer on this screen. I can't understand how people can still complain about the screen lol.... IMO once the data speeds are upgraded across the board and faster this phone and Sprint will be perfect. And i believe JayWill72 said it before, This is a great 2 year phone... Eventhough i may still upgrade after a year for GSIII lol

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

hey dguid!

Wouldn't try to convince YOU which is a bigger flaw, (from reading your numerous posts and replies, i see better ppl than me have tried and failed : ) but to others who are considering this phone, keep in mind the "lesser whites" is really only noticeable in side by side comparisons to other phones", but in real use because the blacks are so deep, the white /black contrast is totally acceptable. And it needs to be pointed out the "deep blacks vs the backlit blacks" is far more noticeable and harder to live with... I really liked my lil mopho, but not a day went by when viewing any dark screen on it that i was like, "dang this screen looks washed out..."

BTC

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I too, am coming off a pre. The speed of the phone alone gets me over the android hump. Not that webos is better, just different. I love this phone! Everything works, and works well.

Me three from Pre. Yeah, the phone rocks. Looked hard at the evo, evo3D (too heavy for my taste, and 3D not needed in any way/shape/form by me) and the Nexus (a very very nice phone).

Tried the GSII and was blown away by the screen quality, and the size/weight ratio (it's crazy light, esp for as big as it is). It's probably bigger than I really wanted, but geez, I guess I can suffer with it. :)

Battery was nothing short of amazing the first couple days. Now that I've got ~120 apps on it (and only a few widgets), battery seems to be draining pretty quickly. Gonna have to back up a bit and try and figure out why.

Terribly sad to see webOS phones die, but very happy with GSII!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463