11-15-2011 10:09 AM
98 ... 234
tools
    I returned mine after about 25 hours. I wasn't blown away. It's a great phone but not great enough to go from being free with the original Epic to locked down until 2013 with a new Epic.

I mostly wanted to try it to see what I was missing, and it confirmed that I can wait until we get something that smells like LTE.
    11-05-2011 04:40 PM
    Love this phone! No issues at all I get same data speeds as my old nexus s and original epic 4g. Never had LOS or any issues. Got the phone off contract online and not a hint of regret from me.
    11-05-2011 06:28 PM
    Just got mine this morning and loving it so far. Everything is fast and smooth, and this screen is soooo much better than my EVO was. 4G seems to work much better too. At home I was lucky to connect to 4G with the EVO and it would keep switching between 3G and 4G. I actually gave up on trying to use 4G it was so bad. Ive been connected to 4G all day with the E4GT and it's working great.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    11-05-2011 09:07 PM
    4G on the Epic Touch is infinitely better than on the Evo. It was basically a buggy tech demo on the Evo whereas it's completely usable on the ET.
    11-05-2011 09:54 PM
    From the nexus s, this phone is amazing! Now to get one for wife...
    11-06-2011 01:55 AM
    This phone restored my faith. But hopefully it gets even better with ics

11-06-2011 02:14 PM
    I do wish the kickstand was incorporated in the phone itself though but other than that great phone

11-06-2011 02:17 PM
    I dunno if I posted on this thread previously, but even if I did, it bears repeating - this an incredible phone and mini-computer. Really, I have no significant complaints...on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being best; 10.
    11-06-2011 07:54 PM
    I'm Happy!!!
    11-06-2011 08:03 PM
    Came from an epic 4g and I must say that two days in and I'm a pretty happy camper. Phone is smooth as silk, battery life has been impressive and everything everyone else is gushin about...can't wait for ics. I think Sammy finally go it right...

11-06-2011 08:11 PM
    I am not happy with mine. The battery is crap so is the signal..Im on my second replacement from Sprint right now.
    11-06-2011 09:21 PM
    Did I mention how happy I am with my battery life on epic touch! Despite these ridiculous threads that everyone should just completely ignore. How much better could an ext. Life batt get?
    11-09-2011 04:08 PM
    Ditto here! Happy! Happy! coming from Blackberry it has made loosen up enjoy the phone features especially the larger screen
    11-10-2011 04:58 PM
    I am not happy with mine. The battery is crap so is the signal..Im on my second replacement from Sprint right now.
    Just a heads up for anyone new to the forum - you can ignore this post, and probably all posts from DG. He's some strange kind of troll. He's not interested in solutions, just whining. He disappears from his threads as soon as someone requests specifics or offers help.

Not saying this device, like any device, doesn't have some bugs affecting some units. You can read about them on here. Just don't use DGs posts as evidence.

Me personally, I've been very happy. And I'm a very pragmatic user, a function over form guy, not someone who would sugarcoat a problem or exaggerate a positive. I had an issue with battery drain from the AP widget that I want even using, but there's am easy work-around that solves it. Other than that, great! or exaggerate
    11-10-2011 06:36 PM
    My first smart phone and I love it. I really like the ablity to arrange things they way I want them not having the phone dictate what I can and cannot do.
    11-11-2011 05:13 AM
    I think that dguidry12 works for apple, i kinda shows you how desperate apple is and how threatened apple fells about the ANDROID, especially in a Samsung product.
    11-11-2011 09:30 AM
    O yea, I'm Happy X 2. His & Hers no complaints. I have a perfect test bed for the Epic Touch, My phone is rooted + and hers phone is completely stock. All is well.
    11-11-2011 09:34 AM
    This is my first Cell phone. I specifically waited for this phones release stateside. I love this phone. It is fast. It is beautiful to look at. It is easily intuitive. One of the few products that I have ever purchase that gets these accolades.
    11-11-2011 09:37 AM
    Never had a phone as solid and useable as this for so many things. The camera rocks for work photos as well.

I am sure something better will come along but honestly, I can't fathom what could make it a whole lot better.
    11-11-2011 03:28 PM
    This is my first Cell phone. I specifically waited for this phones release stateside. I love this phone. It is fast. It is beautiful to look at. It is easily intuitive. One of the few products that I have ever purchase that gets these accolades.
    Really? The First Cell Phone Ever? Wow!
    11-12-2011 11:51 AM
    My E4GT got its first real test as far as signal goes today. I went to my local Target store.

While inside Target with my EVO, I would get maybe 1 bar of signal and sometimes no service at all. If I got any 3G signal, it would be so slow that it was pretty much unusable.

While I was in Target today with my E4GT, I was getting 2-3 bars of signal and 3G was completely usable. I was able to bring up full size web pages with no problem, which I could never do on my EVO.

So, for those saying the E4GT has an inferior radio and antenna.....I'm not buying it.

11-12-2011 10:18 PM
    My E4GT got its first real test as far as signal goes today. I went to my local Target store.

While inside Target with my EVO, I would get maybe 1 bar of signal and sometimes no service at all. If I got any 3G signal, it would be so slow that it was pretty much unusable.

While I was in Target today with my E4GT, I was getting 2-3 bars of signal and 3G was completely usable. I was able to bring up full size web pages with no problem, which I could never do on my EVO.

So, for those saying the E4GT has an inferior radio and antenna.....I'm not buying it.

That just the issue, you have a good one - count your blessings. Many and I say many others have had the opposite result. Personally, my phone signal is fine. My GPS however, is unusable.
    11-14-2011 11:58 AM
    I have to say this is the best phone I have ever had! I go through phones every year. How the HTC touch diamond, palm pre, assortment of blackberry phones. This blows them all away!
    11-15-2011 10:09 AM
98 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD