What are you guys using for keyboards?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying SwiftKey again after a week adjusting to samsung. I've been trying to get used to the samsung kb coming from sense but it's not working for me. Samsung kb can't keep up with my key strokes

Edit: I have thumb kb on my Samsung tab.. Found the layout to be nice but the predictions to be lackluster.
sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

adebisi

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
i liked gingerbread keyboard on my optimus one. whichever keyboard shipped with CM7 was cool as well.. im ready to look into better keyboard next on my SGS2E4GT

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Gingerbread Keyboard from the Market. Idk why this never came with it. The Samsung one is horrible and never been a fan of swype.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
A guy posted pics of his screens over at XDA and his keyboard is awesome. Im not sure what it is I replied to him but its been days since he has been on but the keyboard has a option on putting a picture behind the keyboard. Is there only 1 keyboard that does that or does pretty much every keyboard do that. I usually use swype but every now and then I use swiftkey I got it free from the amazon app store few months ago

You may want to try go keyboard. I have that also and it allows you to put any picture as the background or theme.

dyep1988

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I used to use Smart Keyboard Pro for a while until I got my Epic 4g Touch. I decided to try out something else because I was having lag issues so I gave Perfect Keyboard a try. I gotta say, this is much better looking visually and much better at word correction and everything else. Glad I made the switch, you should try it out.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You guys know if you can multiple keyboards with slow down your phone? I have the swype keyboard and the regular keyboard and a gingerbread keyboard

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
You guys know if you can multiple keyboards with slow down your phone? I have the swype keyboard and the regular keyboard and a gingerbread keyboard

No it won't slow down phone. Just select which one you will use and if you change then just un select it and choose new one. I have four and no slow down. I only have one selected at a time.

AntikytheraTech

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Always was a fan of SwiftKey for its predictive text abilities. However, after getting my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in June I purchased Thumb Keyboard and have never gone back. I now use this as my only keyboard on my SGT10.1 and my SGSIIE4GT. Highly customizeable in skin and touch sounds, fast and accurate. It gets my vote.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I like SwiftKey and it does a good job of predicting your next word after you use it for awhile and it learns how you write. I don't care for the X version, though. I prefer the old version because it has bigger fonts on the keys and in the word prediction boxes. I have the apk for v1.0.5 if anyone wants it. It can be installed from your SD card with Astro File Manager