almost perfect but fails in signal

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Samsung almost made a perfect product but they had to screw up the most important aspect of a phone ..SIGNAL QUALITY ..the phone has horrendous signal issues with 3g and normal call network signal ..its almost unusable indoors!!! I am in Houston and this is a major Sprint area.. it also effects battery life majorly ..example ..I was indoors for 2 hours taking a test and the battery dropped 10 percent without me using it.. and this is not a Sprint problem its a cheap and poor antenna problem ..

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No signal issues with mine either. Held it next to my old pre and it consistanly had a lower db (Better). Held it next to my wife's Nexus S 4g and had the same result.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You keep saying the same thing over and over. Get a different carrier

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Many people are reporting signal issues ..its probably the only flaw the phone has other than poor audio quality
Im not finding flaw audio quality compared to HTC EVO and 3D.
Its the best Ive had on Sprint device
A buddy of mine compared it to his nexus finding it to be better as well

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The audio can't hold a candle to the HTC
Sorry just not hearing it.
Headset ear speaker is much more robust clear and louder. Recipients of call have told me major improvement from EVO
Speaker phone conversion knocks EVO out of the park in clarity on both ends.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Many people are reporting signal issues ..its probably the only flaw the phone has other than poor audio quality

Poor audio quality? I am hard of hearing and I think the audio quality is great. If you're an audiophile junky, then maybe I could see music playback being less that perfect but otherwise, I find the audio to be wonderful.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Jfenton
dguidry12 is a photon fanboy that couldn't hold back from giving E4GT a try.
He had mindset it wouldn't be = or better then photon from the beginning that hasn't changed

Reactions: tkemack

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Poor signal? This is sitting here in my office building.

2zzooy8.png

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I think that's the Simi Clock widget. I like it because they have a 1 X 2 widget.

And it's free.

My call quality is very, very noticeably improved on the ET over the Evo 4G. Both the call clarity and the signal. Majorly improved.

Last edited:

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...

I would agree "call quality" is improved but going by the numbers and where I do / don't have signal, the EVO 4G is definitely better in weaker signal areas. In strong signal areas they are about the same.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
In areas where the Evo would frequently crackle or cut out, I can now make clear calls with the ET. So it's definitely better with weaker signals for me.

I do find the Evo 4G was better at picking up weak 3G signals.

madkaw

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
In areas where my evo dropped calls the touch holds them, I have noticed a better call quality and reception over my evo. As far as the audio, tweak the built in equalizer and I think it sounds pretty good for a stock system. Nothing can touch CM7 with dsp manager but it works just fine for stock.