video calls

cfashner

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm stuck on sprint, I am trying to upgrade to a phone I can make video calls to my wife. She has a I phone 4. I looked at the gallaxey epic II. The people at the sprint store could not answer this question. Can it make video calls???? Any help would be apprecitated.

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
It does, just make sure the sprint network in your area is good or the connection may not be smooth.

Or you could wait for the att version in the first week of oct...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Video chat can be a hit or miss. The only devices that I have had a positive video chat experience on are my iPhone and iPad. It wasn't so good with my Nexus S using QIK. I haven't used any other video chat app, but QIK was pretty bad.

spensergig

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have only tried Skype.
I'm in a 3G-only area.

It worked well to my wife's PC, even in high quality. (The PC is on a FIOS 25/25 line.)

I tried to my daughter's mac in Cox wireless, and could only get a voice connection.
Good sound, but frustrating.

She called back last night, and video worked perfectly!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
Turned out that she had not updated Skype on her Mac in a long time.
(She was running version 2 when the current version is 5.)
We're going to try it a bit more over the weekend.

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
when i look at skype and qik reviews in the market they are not good at all. Revieweres almost make them sound useless. :confused:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
when i look at skype and qik reviews in the market they are not good at all. Revieweres almost make them sound useless. :confused:

Qik and Skype should be about the same. I have known some people who have liked those apps, but I didn't. Also, the quality is better or worse depending on what kind of connection you are using. I use FaceTime over wifi because it is restricted to it, but the video quality is always good. I have heard others say that Tango works well. Try that and see if it works for you too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay