Wilson sleek signal booster, it works!

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just picked one up from best buy and it really does work! The touch isa bit ofa squeeze getting it to slide in. averaging at least 2 bars better everywhere, about -20 dBm improvement!

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
just going on name along I expect I have to be marooned on a desert island after a plain crash to own one.

WILSON!!!! WILSON!!!! WIL.....SON!!!!!!!!

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Sprint was giving out free Airaves & it's service to people at one point because of terrible in home coverage. Not sure if they still are or not but u could give them a try....

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
However, I read on here that there is an issue between the E4GT and the Airave...I have no experience with this...just something I read.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't use an Airrave at work because of the security proxies. No need though, Im getting 1.4mb download and 453k upload 139ms with -94 dBM with the Wilson! were i was getting 439k download 347k upload 164ms before -106 dBm and dropped signal. Only downside is it added bulk but It really doesnt matter because I really just need the great dl speeds at work to tether. Theres also a valley I have drive through on the way home and I do not lose a signal through it anymore, EVen my EVo and the Photon would drop signal through that spot.

bmrisko

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't use an Airrave at work because of the security proxies. No need though, Im getting 1.4mb download and 453k upload 139ms with -94 dBM with the Wilson! were i was getting 439k download 347k upload 164ms before -106 dBm and dropped signal. Only downside is it added bulk but It really doesnt matter because I really just need the great dl speeds at work to tether. Theres also a valley I have drive through on the way home and I do not lose a signal through it anymore, EVen my EVo and the Photon would drop signal through that spot.

Was it necessary for you to add any of the antennas to use it in your office or do you just have the part that clips onto the back of the phone? I may look into getting one to keep in the office (at least to try out) as I am in a dead zone here. I am constantly roaming on Verizon's network w/ almost full strength, but can't pick up Sprint.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the antenna connected and in the same room with me. Its not even outside, just sat it up in the office as high as possible. Give it a try, if it doesnt work return it at best buy.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint was giving out free Airaves & it's service to people at one point because of terrible in home coverage. Not sure if they still are or not but u could give them a try....
Sprint still is giving out free Airaves and free AIrave service if you follow the steps in this thread:
Airave: Get Great Sprint Reception in Your Home

Airave works perfectly with the Airave, nothing to set up.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Well i would think that if enough people wanted Sprint in some places that reception wasn't to great that they would see the need for expansion and get some towers up. Also if you own a home in these places maybe you can contact Sprint and see if they would be willing to invest into using your lands... Free service for life and any new phone you wanted every 6 months wouldn't be to shabby :) .... There is something in the software , my reception although have yet to drop a call and my calls are crystal clear, looking and the signal bars is like watching the waves at the beach sometimes lol...

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
might have to try this, i have 1-2 bars at home. I'll post my story when i do!
If you are getting 1-2 bars at home call Sprint and get a free Airave with no monthly fee. Here's how:

Airave: Get Great Sprint Reception in Your Home

Airave is your own little cell tower (10" tall) giving great reception to everyone in your house. Airave will give you full bars for free using your regular home internet service.

Use the Wilson Sleek signal booster in places where you can't hook into internet such as your car.