Just picked one up from best buy and it really does work! The touch isa bit ofa squeeze getting it to slide in. averaging at least 2 bars better everywhere, about -20 dBm improvement!
    09-23-2011 09:48 PM
    How much was it and how does it work exactly? Is there a link to buy online anywhere?
    09-23-2011 10:08 PM
    Look it up at best buy it was $99. There'sa bunch of you tube videos as well. Think radio shack had it for 89.
    09-23-2011 11:37 PM
    just going on name along I expect I have to be marooned on a desert island after a plain crash to own one.

WILSON!!!! WILSON!!!! WIL.....SON!!!!!!!!
    youngjediboy and sndplace like this.
    09-23-2011 11:42 PM
    Sprint was giving out free Airaves & it's service to people at one point because of terrible in home coverage. Not sure if they still are or not but u could give them a try....
    09-24-2011 12:18 AM
    However, I read on here that there is an issue between the E4GT and the Airave...I have no experience with this...just something I read.
    09-24-2011 09:15 AM
    I can't use an Airrave at work because of the security proxies. No need though, Im getting 1.4mb download and 453k upload 139ms with -94 dBM with the Wilson! were i was getting 439k download 347k upload 164ms before -106 dBm and dropped signal. Only downside is it added bulk but It really doesnt matter because I really just need the great dl speeds at work to tether. Theres also a valley I have drive through on the way home and I do not lose a signal through it anymore, EVen my EVo and the Photon would drop signal through that spot.
    09-24-2011 09:22 AM
    I can't use an Airrave at work because of the security proxies. No need though, Im getting 1.4mb download and 453k upload 139ms with -94 dBM with the Wilson! were i was getting 439k download 347k upload 164ms before -106 dBm and dropped signal. Only downside is it added bulk but It really doesnt matter because I really just need the great dl speeds at work to tether. Theres also a valley I have drive through on the way home and I do not lose a signal through it anymore, EVen my EVo and the Photon would drop signal through that spot.
    Was it necessary for you to add any of the antennas to use it in your office or do you just have the part that clips onto the back of the phone? I may look into getting one to keep in the office (at least to try out) as I am in a dead zone here. I am constantly roaming on Verizon's network w/ almost full strength, but can't pick up Sprint.
    09-24-2011 09:47 AM
    I have the antenna connected and in the same room with me. Its not even outside, just sat it up in the office as high as possible. Give it a try, if it doesnt work return it at best buy.
    09-24-2011 11:51 AM
    Sprint was giving out free Airaves & it's service to people at one point because of terrible in home coverage. Not sure if they still are or not but u could give them a try....
    Sprint still is giving out free Airaves and free AIrave service if you follow the steps in this thread:
    Airave: Get Great Sprint Reception in Your Home

Airave works perfectly with the Airave, nothing to set up.
    09-24-2011 12:12 PM
    Shouldn't Have to use a signal booster to get a good reception let alone pay $100 got one
    09-24-2011 12:50 PM
    Look it up at best buy it was $99. There'sa bunch of you tube videos as well. Think radio shack had it for 89.
    Here is the Wilson Sleek at Bestbuy ($83 Amazon) and the Wilson Electronics website.

20dB is a huge amount of gain for only $99. It can be used in a car or home/work.
    09-24-2011 01:14 PM
    Shouldn't Have to use a signal booster to get a good reception let alone pay $100 got one
    Well, care to offer some other suggestions?
    09-24-2011 03:25 PM
    I was speaking in reference to Sprints crappy network or the S2 having poor reception
    09-24-2011 03:42 PM
    Well i would think that if enough people wanted Sprint in some places that reception wasn't to great that they would see the need for expansion and get some towers up. Also if you own a home in these places maybe you can contact Sprint and see if they would be willing to invest into using your lands... Free service for life and any new phone you wanted every 6 months wouldn't be to shabby .... There is something in the software , my reception although have yet to drop a call and my calls are crystal clear, looking and the signal bars is like watching the waves at the beach sometimes lol...
    09-24-2011 08:02 PM
    might have to try this, i have 1-2 bars at home. I'll post my story when i do!
    09-24-2011 09:49 PM
    That thing looks like a car mount haha

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    09-25-2011 09:57 AM
    might have to try this, i have 1-2 bars at home. I'll post my story when i do!
    If you are getting 1-2 bars at home call Sprint and get a free Airave with no monthly fee. Here's how:

Airave: Get Great Sprint Reception in Your Home

Airave is your own little cell tower (10" tall) giving great reception to everyone in your house. Airave will give you full bars for free using your regular home internet service.

Use the Wilson Sleek signal booster in places where you can't hook into internet such as your car.
    09-25-2011 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD