Did I brick my D710?

AaronCsicseri

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
OK so I'm new to android (been with WebOS) and I recently tried to root using the step by step posted on addictivetipsdotcom.

How To Root Sprint Epic 4G Touch [Video Guide]

I followed all the directions, but the "flashing" was taking forever (6hrs plus) so I had no other option but to terminated the program (ODIN). Now the phone will not start and the only indication that it is on is that the blue LED is flashing. I even tried turning it on with volume down + power and still nothing. Is there anysimple way out of this jam or do i need to go replacement plan this brick.

p.s. the only thing that i noticed was that in ODIN "re-partition" may have been check inadvertently.

Any help would be appreciated

-Aaron

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
OK so I'm new to android (been with WebOS) and I recently tried to root using the step by step posted on addictivetipsdotcom.

How To Root Sprint Epic 4G Touch [Video Guide]

I followed all the directions, but the "flashing" was taking forever (6hrs plus) so I had no other option but to terminated the program (ODIN). Now the phone will not start and the only indication that it is on is that the blue LED is flashing. I even tried turning it on with volume down + power and still nothing. Is there anysimple way out of this jam or do i need to go replacement plan this brick.

p.s. the only thing that i noticed was that in ODIN "re-partition" may have been check inadvertently.

Any help would be appreciated

-Aaron

I don't have a way out for you, and I hate to pile it on, but rooting voids the warranty. I hope you have replacement insurance, in case you lose your phone <wink wink>.

GO BEARS!

AaronCsicseri

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
i already returned it...no problem!

but the instructions on that site need to be updated to reflect the warning in the video (that the "re-partitan" box will get automatically re-checked later on in the process and you have to un-check it twice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36