When will the first update be out ?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It isnt dev related. It is the phone. This problem is way to wide spread. It would make app design via android a nightmare if ever phone released had this same problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

You never know but how do you know it isn't dev related? I'm just going with the fact that this is a new phone and we don't know what kind of code for games will sit happy with the E4GT or not. It's all up into the air.

SixOne9

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Fabrication ..the reception issue is FACTUALLY a known issue and a must fix ..search the forums in other places and you will find out for yourself

My reception is also excellent. No complaints whatsoever about the phone. And like what others have said, people with no problems don't usually post on forums.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
What i am trying to figure out is did I miss something? The OP is asking about updates for a phone he/she doesn't have and has said "will pass" http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...08-checked-out-s2-sprint-store-will-pass.html so unless i missed a thread saying something different. Please correct me if I'm wrong OP ...
About games closing , i will test this out today and see . I should have a easy day at work today as long as nobody calls out..

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have this phone yet, because I have read on several forums of people returning due to poor signal and WiFi connections.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't have this phone yet, because I have read on several forums of people returning due to poor signal and WiFi connections.

And there are many who like me, are keeping it, because of great signal and wifi connections. The number of people with good or better signals probably greatly outnumber the people with bad signals, simply due to the nature of people to come to the forums when they have a problem, and not to when things are just fine. I've been vocal about my positive experience, as well as many others around here, but we're the vocal minority. Most who are having a fine signal experience find no reason to speak out about it.

Yet it's human nature to grasp on to the negative news, and tune out the positive. Negative news is easier to believe and it hurts less when our expectations aren't met. The only way to know for sure Zorachus is to buy one and give it a 14 day test drive. You can even open a new line for it so you can test it side by side with your Nexus. Still, and I'm giving you my honest opinion here ... I think you should just wait for the Nexus 3 to come to Sprint, or jump to Big Red and deal with capped data plans. After reading your posts the past couple of months, I don't think any other phone is going give you what you're looking for, and you'd just be setting yourself up for buyers remorse.

Cheers!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
There is no doubt that radio updates needed crash logs confirm it.
I have great radio performance but found when testing next to EVO driving around Virginia Beach it wasn't as great as I thought.
EVO signal was better then are toy especially when it came to weak signal areas ET4G lost signal all together.
EVO Data speeds were faster as well.

Bottom line
If your in good coverage radio issue wont hit you everything seems swell. ,
If your in bad coverage with lots of tower hand off ET4G is going to give you problems.

As far as update I'm thinking it will come pretty soon due to Sprint confirming issue.

expertzero1

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
im keeping my phone because i love it, 3g is redonkulously fast 1.5mpbs and 500 or so up. wifi is fine

update would be nice, but it shouldnt deter you from getting this phone.

evo design 4g, eh really?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping mine to. The EVO used during testing was my brothers.
Signal strength in my area is strong for the most part data speeds acceptable.
Radio update will be nice though increasing data speed :)

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Run a few games for awhile and watch it close on you randomly. Then report back about not having a problem. :)

Ive been playing games like drag racing without any issues and for hours at a time. Might want to take it back for am exchange as it sounds like your ram is dumping when under too much of a load.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Since this is Samsung we're talking about, the first update should be about a month after the Moon crashes into the Earth. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

jaescott

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Ive been playing games like drag racing without any issues and for hours at a time. Might want to take it back for am exchange as it sounds like your ram is dumping when under too much of a load.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

Naw I'm having the same problem on the games . It's a widespread issue. Try plants vs zombies or grave defense.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded and played Symphony of Eternity and no crashes or lag... Granted it was for only 5 mins to test it out but playing third blade it would crash after 1 min or less. Maybe theirs a clash with the high speed games. Cut the rope plays no problems over half an hour. could be the Exynos chip is finicky and they need more time to work out the kinks for these games...

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
hopefully soon but knowing Samsung they'll screw up the phone like all there updates do
Great attitude....

And nobody else breaks things with updates eh?

Can you say HTC EVO GINGERBREAD UPDATE? It broke more than it fixed....and I'm betting you figure that was Samsungs fault as well right?

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Ugh...that Evo Gingerbread update was awful. The phone went from a stable beast of Android goodness to a phone that couldn't get me to lunch without needing to be plugged in. I was impressed with the speed that Moto pushed out an update to fix the problems with the Photon, but even that created issues were my phone needed to be rebooted constantly. I'm not having any deal breaker problems so I don't mind waiting for a stable update that addresses some of the issues people are having.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Never people....

Its Samsung!

Can you really expect more of them?

One would hope so. If it's like their other devices you are all doomed when it comes to updates. I am however glad many of you are happy with your phones, as is! :)

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I read these Android Central and Phandroid forums, and see a lot of posts of people returning the phone due to poor signal, and dropped WiFi signals, etc...They all say they love the device, the best smartphone they have ever owned, but because of the bad radio they are not keeping it.

Would an update even fix these issues ? Or did Samsung use a bad/old radio to begin with, and this can't be fixed ?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Would an update even fix these issues ? Or did Samsung use a bad/old radio to begin with, and this can't be fixed ?

Probably fixable via a firmware update, once they work out why it's only affecting certain customers. But I have to ask, did you even read my post above? You do realize that tons of people have no signal issues at all right? You also realize that YOU "could" be one of these people, and that you have 14 days to find out? Still, I'd read what I said towards the end of my post above. You're just spinning in circles my friend.