When will the first update be out ?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Currently a Nexus-S 4G owner, thinking of getting the GS II, but keep reading so many issues with WiFi...Network/Radio...SMS text problems...I am scared to upgrade to the S II, until an update/patch is released to fix these issues I have read about.

Also my Nexus-S has pretty crap WiFi signal already, in my house with a great WiFi setup, it drops way too often, my EVO 4G was rock solid always connected.

Any news or opinions on this

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Who knows. Probably a couple more weeks at minimum, as this phone does not have any widespread game changing issues for most owners. With that, I'd be shocked if the first system update had anything to do with signal strength. Yes there are people having cell signal and data speed issues, but I think it has more to do with Sprint in their particular areas than the phone.

I've had no issues with voice signal strength, I've had no issues at all with text messages, my 3G data speeds are decent, and I get very good wifi connectivity. In other words, I'm having none of the issues that's causing you to pause buying this phone. Why not try it out? 14 days is enough time to figure out if you're experiencing these issues. If it's not meeting your expectations, return it!

John P. Smith

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My sense is that the E4GT has less significant issues requiring an update than virtually any other newly released Android device. Remember that people with no problems don't usually post on forums to report that fact.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Not much of a need for an update at this point. A couple minor things Im sure will be cleaned up but this phone is incredible. My old Photon required a daily restart, couldn't make voice calls until the update and had its share of minor annoyances.

In terms of people complaining about data speeds, that is a Sprint thing. I'm seeing a better end user experience than my Photon when it comes to data.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Run a few games for awhile and watch it close on you randomly. Then report back about not having a problem. :)

Yeah I don't really play games on my phone so there are certainly some issues that don't affect me as much as it affects others.

MediaMonkey

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I have to chime in on the side of no issues to report, the phone so far is perfect (had it 5 days). It gets better data speeds and voice-reception than my Pre- did.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the happy campers list! Got mine as soon as the store opened on launch day. My gaming consists of Wordsmith and Hanging With Friends so I'm certainly not taxing the phone. :D And my data speeds and wi-fi are fine here in Tacoma, WA.

anon(406518)

Jul 13, 2011
www.theadultgamer.com
Run a few games for awhile and watch it close on you randomly. Then report back about not having a problem. :)

I haven't had this problem. I don't play too many games but the ones I have played are just fine. Angry Birds, Dragon Fly, Words with Friends, chess.com, Fruit Ninja, and Air Control all work just fine.

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Not much of a need for an update at this point. A couple minor things Im sure will be cleaned up but this phone is incredible. My old Photon required a daily restart, couldn't make voice calls until the update and had its share of minor annoyances.

In terms of people complaining about data speeds, that is a Sprint thing. I'm seeing a better end user experience than my Photon when it comes to data.

if it's Sprints fault for the signal issues then they must have waited until I purchased this phone because I had great signals on my original epic. Before switching to the e4gt

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My sense is that the E4GT has less significant issues requiring an update than virtually any other newly released Android device. Remember that people with no problems don't usually post on forums to report that fact.

Fabrication ..the reception issue is FACTUALLY a known issue and a must fix ..search the forums in other places and you will find out for yourself

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Anecdotally reception is comparable or better than my original Epic. My OG epic and blackberry tour continually gave me roaming warnings in my house several times a day whereas this phone has done it once in two weeks. I don't disagree it may be an issue, but compared to what I came from I have no complaints considering I can actually send and receive text messages in my own house now. I'd go the airave route, but this issue only happened on the bottom floor of my house.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Fabrication ..the reception issue is FACTUALLY a known issue and a must fix ..search the forums in other places and you will find out for yourself

*Shrug* As I've continually said, my reception is excellent. I'm sorry you and others are having issues, but not everyone is. I guess the question is, how many people are having my experiences and how many are having yours?

jaypee68

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Who knows. Probably a couple more weeks at minimum, as this phone does not have any widespread game changing issues for most owners. With that, I'd be shocked if the first system update had anything to do with signal strength. Yes there are people having cell signal and data speed issues, but I think it has more to do with Sprint in their particular areas than the phone.

I've had no issues with voice signal strength, I've had no issues at all with text messages, my 3G data speeds are decent, and I get very good wifi connectivity. In other words, I'm having none of the issues that's causing you to pause buying this phone. Why not try it out? 14 days is enough time to figure out if you're experiencing these issues. If it's not meeting your expectations, return it!
Sprint gives 30 days.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

It probably isn't an E4GT bug but more or less, the coding of the game. Remember, this phone has only been out for 10 days so I'm pretty sure the devs will be pushing out updates to fix the crashes.

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
It probably isn't an E4GT bug but more or less, the coding of the game. Remember, this phone has only been out for 10 days so I'm pretty sure the devs will be pushing out updates to fix the crashes.

It isnt dev related. It is the phone. This problem is way to wide spread. It would make app design via android a nightmare if ever phone released had this same problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair