Is your Tab feeling a bit lonely :-(

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Since I got my SG2 a week ago, I have not used my Tab 10.1 as much as I did when my Evo 4g was my main phone.

The screen size and sheer viewing enjoyment on the SG2 is really nice for checking email, displaying my calendar, reading news, and I noticed the Kindle app looks really great as well.

Is anyone else noticing a drop in the use of their tablet since getting the SG2? I'm almost starting to wonder why I need both devices?

skyo12

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I was actually thinking of getting a tab until I bought this phone last week :)

I have a feeling it would be just collecting dust if I were to get it lol.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't use mine that much, but mostly because my 3 yr old stole it from me and made it hers!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I actually use my phone as my mobile computer more than ever before since i bought the E4GT. The monster screen and battery life make it a jack of all trades.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I was just telling someone the exact same thing. I am just so blown away by this phone. I have had plenty of Android devices that I really liked before, but this thing is amazing. It is really that good. I have been half expecting it to start acting a bit wonky, but so far it has shown no signs of slowing down. I get device guilt every now and then and have to remind myself to use the Tab.....a nice big update may change that though...

roninlb

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a galaxy tab 10.1 and hardly ever use it. honestly, for 500 bucks i rather get a cheap laptop that has a lot more functionality. good thing i got it free. plus now with this phone, i can do pretty much everything the tab does.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else noticing a drop in the use of their tablet since getting the SG2? I'm almost starting to wonder why I need both devices?

Not just my tablet, but my Sony laptop, MSI All In One desktop and my husband AND my cats are all scheming to slap a "alienation of affection class action lawsuit " against my ET4G... (Phone says, "bring it boys, get in line, if i can take on Apple, y'all will be no sweat...." lol

BTC

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My GT10.1 actually hasn't been used a whole lot less than before I picked up my E4GT. Maybe it's because the E4GT, while great and all (few minor annoyances aside), is not a large step up from my Evo 4G that it replaced. That is, the screen is only marginally larger and not satisfying for online browsing or media viewing (either lounging around or on the treadmill) -- pretty much the only two things I do on my GT10.1 I rarely take the GT10.1 outside though (too bulky), so the E4GT finds its use for those functions mostly outside of the house (as the Evo 4G before it).

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that has stopped me from using the ET more than my OG Galaxy Tab is that I don't have a spare battery yet and I have to stop and charge it. But even though the ET screen is nice, the larger screen on the tab makes it better for movies and games. I do like surfing on the ET more because it's so much faster.

Last edited:

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm won't be using the tab at all for awhile. My daughter, mentioned above, decided to introduce the tab to concrete this morning. You know how he rest of this story goes.

Anyone wanna give me their screen?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

sekao8

Jun 3, 2011
www.awoakes.com
I still use the heck out of my tab, just because I spend too much time on my phone (using the phone part) in conjunction with the tab. Also I keep the tablet linked to the company server, which I do not want to do with my phone

I do, kinda, wish I got a laptop instead of the tab now, but not enough to sell the tab and get one

pedrlaw

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I have Samsung Tab and iPad at home. They are used by my wife and kids, but I find no need to use them now that I have Epic 4G Touch.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My GT10.1 actually hasn't been used a whole lot less than before I picked up my E4GT. Maybe it's because the E4GT, while great and all (few minor annoyances aside), is not a large step up from my Evo 4G that it replaced. That is, the screen is only marginally larger and not satisfying for online browsing or media viewing (either lounging around or on the treadmill) -- pretty much the only two things I do on my GT10.1 I rarely take the GT10.1 outside though (too bulky), so the E4GT finds its use for those functions mostly outside of the house (as the Evo 4G before it).

For me the biggest advantage to this device over the Evo4g is the battery. I got so frustated with the battery life on the Evo that I had removed all apps, stopped using GPS services, and no syncing of email and calendars. I basically used the phone for calling, texting, and hotspot (when connected to a charger), and my Tab for everything else.

With the excellent battery life of the SGSIISE4GT I have gone back to using all of the features of a great smartphone and I find the Tab being used less and less.

Of course, if the Galaxy Note every comes to the USA, I will purchase one of those on day one, because I will truly have the best of both worlds in one device.

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Since I got my SG2 a week ago, I have not used my Tab 10.1 as much as I did when my Evo 4g was my main phone.

The screen size and sheer viewing enjoyment on the SG2 is really nice for checking email, displaying my calendar, reading news, and I noticed the Kindle app looks really great as well.

same here, with two GS2's , my wife and i hardly use our Galaxy 10.1 tab - wouldn't have bought the tab if Samsung would have released these phones months ago as was done in Europe!

The tab is still very nice, but I would have passed on the $599...

Too bad though due to super slow sprint speeds that make the phones unsable in our area we have to return them - so the tab will get used again alot until Verizon has a GSII equiv device (hope they hurry up!)