Phone dialer "home" screen

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got something going on that I don't understand. When in the phone app, pressing the home bezel button brings me to a different screen instead of the device home screen. Is that just my noobness with Android showing?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I just tested this and it seems like in this instance, the home key brings you to the last page you were on

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Playing with it some more, it now seems anywhere I press the home button it takes me to this alternate home page. Even if I'm on my home screen. The home page it now wants to go to has the clock and weather on it and alarm, music, gallery, voice search, and internet buttons along the bottom. Also it has a mute and "X" button in the upper right corner. Where am I???

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Take a screen shot and post it here. To do that hold home and press power (quickly)

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You are in dock mode somehow. Like if you had it mounted in the car or something

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
What happened when you press the x, in the top right?

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Well at least that explains it. I should be able to figure out how I'm getting into it. I plugged it into the car adapter but that's just an older Sprint branded micro-USB adapter. However it has happened before. I'll just have to pay closer attention to what starts it. Any idea how to get out of it once I have? Right now I have to power cycle it.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
That x in the top right should do it? How I got to that screen is applications - clock - desk clock then there is a funny icon in the corner. Somewhere in there is your answer

Reactions: richardodn

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome!
Feel free to post how you got there just in case this happens to someone else ;)

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I will when I figure it out. Right now I'm playing with my Logitech MediaBoard Pro for PS3. It's a Bluetooth keyboard/touchpad combo for PS3 and it pairs right up with the phone.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine got stuck in "dock" mode last Friday. I don't own a dock, so have no idea what started it. Then I couldn't get it out of that mode without rebooting the phone. Well, I could press the X and get back to my home screen, but as soon as I did anything else the dock screen came right back up. It was very annoying.

xtn

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Did they happen to get stuck in dock when or after you plugged them in for a charge? Are you using the stock plug and cord? There have been reports of 3rd party power blocks causing some weird issues

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Is it possible that you accidentally changed the 'Home Screen' setting?

To make sure your Home screen is the home screen you want, hit the menu list button (first button on the left) (I'm still a newbie too!). Then tap on the 'Edit' button (on screen). You will get all your 7 Touchwiz or Shortcut pages. The will be a 'Remove' button on the bottom of the screen. At this point, tap on the 'Menu List' button (remember, the first button on the left). The 'Remove' button will now change to 'Set as Home'.

Now tap that button (Set as Home), it will change to 'Done' but your really not done yet. You need to tap on one of the miniaturized screens that you want to set at the Home Screen.

After you do that, you will see an icon of a house, now you can tap on the 'Done'!

You have now set your Home Screen Page!

Rob

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
When it happened to me it was halfway through the day and had not been on the charger since I woke up that morning.

xtn

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk