Have any of you gotten this phantom pressing of any of the capacitative buttons? I had a happen a few random times where I wasn't doing anything and the Menu would just pop up and down a couple times (along with the vibration that comes along when you actually press that or the other 3 buttons). I think I saw it happen a couple times in the the past week but didn't think about it, thought maybe I just brushed my finger on the button accidentally.

Earlier today I did a factory reset in order to sort out my short battery life issue (posted another thread about that too) and since then I've clearly noticed the Menu popping up a few times when I clearly didn't press or touch anything.

Has this issue ever happened to any of you or have you heard of it with any other Sammy or Android devices? If it's hardware I'd really need to get it exchanged soon as I bought it through Wirefly and they only have a 14 day window...
    09-26-2011 10:51 PM
    Nobody else has experienced this huh? Damn I guess I was just unlucky.

Just called Wirefly for an RMA now since the 14 days are almost up. I don't want to be without a phone for a week so I'm having them advance the exchange and I'll ship back the defective phone; only downside is they need a deposit on the full price.
    09-27-2011 02:47 PM
    Nope I've had no issues with my buttons at all. In fact, my phone has been working so well I'm almost worried about it. I haven't been experiencing any of what I would consider the major problems that others have reported (mainly LOS, heat, non-responsive screen when charging, bad battery life, etc.).

I half expect my phone to go absolutely friggin haywire this Saturday (day 15).
    09-27-2011 03:02 PM
    Nope I've had no issues with my buttons at all. In fact, my phone has been working so well I'm almost worried about it. I haven't been experiencing any of what I would consider the major problems that others have reported (mainly LOS, heat, non-responsive screen when charging, bad battery life, etc.).

I half expect my phone to go absolutely friggin haywire this Saturday (day 15).
    LOL I know, right? I know the moment I get the replacement phone I'm gonna try and test EVERYTHING on it before sending back the first phone. The downside of having so many features and functions is it could take a while before we notice any problems, especially if it's a feature that we don't use often.

I'm sure it isn't a fun job for QA festers of these superphones!
    09-27-2011 03:19 PM
    I had the issue today of the capacitive button a ot working. I had to reset the device, but haven't had any problems with the phone otherwise.... Except maybe more fc than most phones, but maybe that's because I'm looking for problem and can't seem to find any
    09-27-2011 04:05 PM
    Did they work fine after the reset? I did a factory reset and the problem persisted. I ended up calling wirefly for a RMA and didn't have any problems so far. I was expecting it to be a big hassle as some people have mentioned before about them, still hoping the exchange will go smoothly and they don't end up charging me for something.
    09-28-2011 01:12 AM
    mine went back to normal
    09-28-2011 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD