10-02-2011 10:03 PM
29 12
tools
    TRUST ME, just like everyone else, I will know what is happening on October 7th; until then, its nothing but a SWAG...
    10-02-2011 06:59 PM
    Sorry where does it show that it has 850mhz Band?

I was reading something that i found here. Is this something you were talking about? Support HOW TO: Enable 850Mhz 3G Network Frequency on your Samsung i9000 Galaxy S - Android Forums
    First, Lightsquared is intending on building LTE in 1500 MHz. Second, Clearwire is probably going to build LTE in 2400-2500 MHz. Third, this is just talking about the WCDMA radio. WCDMA is the what AT&T and T-mobile use, it's not the CDMA that Sprint and Verizon use. It does use code division, but that's about it, otherwise the two are unrelated. WCDMA is used in UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+.

If you are unhappy with WiMax at 2550 Mhz, you're not going to be any happier with LTE at ~2500 MHz. At 1500 Mhz it's going to be better but still it won't have the same characteristics that LTE on 777 MHz has.
    10-02-2011 08:18 PM
    I think that dies on 12/31 whether you use it or not.
    Not so. Ghetto phenomenon is right. I'm in the same boat. I upgraded before Oct 2 with a regular upgrade (not a yearly one) so I can get my final annual upgrade next September as a gold member. I checked it out fully before getting my G2S. If that wasn't the case I would have waited to see what's coming next
    10-02-2011 09:23 PM
    First, Lightsquared is intending on building LTE in 1500 MHz. Second, Clearwire is probably going to build LTE in 2400-2500 MHz. Third, this is just talking about the WCDMA radio. WCDMA is the what AT&T and T-mobile use, it's not the CDMA that Sprint and Verizon use. It does use code division, but that's about it, otherwise the two are unrelated. WCDMA is used in UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+.

If you are unhappy with WiMax at 2550 Mhz, you're not going to be any happier with LTE at ~2500 MHz. At 1500 Mhz it's going to be better but still it won't have the same characteristics that LTE on 777 MHz has.
    I understand the post i link isn't CDMA. Johnly posted some think about 850mhz . So i was searching and just found that after 20 mins of typing. I wanted to know if that is what Johnly was talking about because I can't find where we in this phone have it . Sammy doesn't list it in the specs.

Sprint works fine for me. My Speeds are enough for what i use my phone for . faster speeds would be great in any way Sprint can bring it to market. Been with Sprint for 16 years and can't see myself leaving.
    If i can only get 10 mbs with there LTE and only outside standing on 1 leg stretched out with the phones screen facing the sun i will still be a Sprint customer.

If you or anyone can explain what Johnly was/is talking bout i would appreciate it thanks. 10/07 will be the day we find out officially what Sprint has in mind for data .
    10-02-2011 10:03 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD