Data roaming notification

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone figure out how to turn off the notification, in the notification bar, that says "data roaming"you have lost data connectivity?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Settings --> Wireless and network --> Roaming --> Roaming guard

Uncheck what you don't want notifications for. You may also want to check your other roaming settings to see how you're allowing, or not allowing your phone to roam.

Reactions: dtm_stretch

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this will help or not, but give it a try:

Go into Settings > Wireless and network > Roaming > Roaming settings.

Add a check mark next to Domestic > Data.

Perhaps when you roam, your data will roam too, and therefor you won't lose data connectivity, and therefor you won't get the notification.

Just an idea,
xtn

Reactions: dtm_stretch

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Settings --> Wireless and network --> Roaming --> Roaming guard

Uncheck what you don't want notifications for. You may also want to check your other roaming settings to see how you're allowing, or not allowing your phone to roam.

I have already done this and I still get the notification.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this will help or not, but give it a try:

Go into Settings > Wireless and network > Roaming > Roaming settings.

Add a check mark next to Domestic > Data.

Perhaps when you roam, your data will roam too, and therefor you won't lose data connectivity, and therefor you won't get the notification.

Just an idea,
xtn

Ah I have already done this..But it made me realize something. I have it checked but I turn off my data when I am not using data this is usually when I get the notification. Does no one else keep there data off in order to save battery?

enormous

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Ah I have already done this..But it made me realize something. I have it checked but I turn off my data when I am not using data this is usually when I get the notification. Does no one else keep there data off in order to save battery?

I have all roaming allowed and no roam guards activated, and still get it. I have Tasker turning my data off when I'm on the train, and I get the notification multiple times in an hour. Kind of annoying, but I just clear the messages and it's gone (until the next time it pops up).

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This is shameful that you have do all this to a product that should be working as a phone out of the box. The signal is weak it doesn't connect to wifi and with a horrendous rep. of udpdating phones from Samsung this sucker is going back to Sprint tomorrow!!

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Does no one else keep there data off in order to save battery?

I only shut down data if I'm somewhere with 1 bar of signal strength or less and I know I'm going to be there a little while. Cuz of course that when it's going to suck more battery.

The tiny bit of battery suckage going on while I have 2 or more bars doesn't seem - to me - to be worth the trouble of turning data off and on all the time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

cobrapc

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy S II, and my issues started right after the latest update a few days ago. I live in an area where it's roaming all the time. I get the notification constantly, and when tapped it takes me to the setting for selecting 3G, which is checked.
Also keep getting a, select input method, notification after the update.
So I guess with every update I will have to deal with deleting unwanted apps that are reinstalled, resetting options, rearranging all the icons again, and deal with bugs. Didn't have all that with my iPhone.
Hate this phone, hate Android, really hate being stuck with this POS for 2 YEARS!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63