I have 5 bars 3g service, yet suddenly my call drops and My phone says 'no service'.and the bars are replaced with a circle with a line thru it (ghost busters). I have to turn my phone off and back on again to regain service. Very weird and annoying. its happenning often (a few times a day).

Does anyone else have the same issue?
    09-28-2011 04:03 PM
    its a known issue called lost of service, some people get it, some dont, some get it more after rooting.

you gotta reboot and i heard that you can turn on airplane mode on and off that would fix it.

sprint/samsung knows the issue whatever
    09-28-2011 04:05 PM
    Thanks for replying.
    Is it something that may be fixed? or do you think I need to go get a replacement?
    09-28-2011 04:08 PM
    The dreaded LOS (loss of service) bug.

Sprint Community: Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

It's a known issue. Look for ShaneM's posts in the thread I linked. They don't have an ETA on a solution but they've collected data and are working on it.
    09-28-2011 04:10 PM
    no need for replacement
    09-28-2011 04:11 PM
    oh cool. thanks for all of your replies. I really appreciate it. I didnt want to go and return it. glad they are working on a fix. Im gonna check out the link now.

Thanks!
    09-28-2011 04:15 PM
    I've gotten that twice, both times in NYC. The first time I rebooted. The second time I used the airplane mode fix.
    09-28-2011 05:52 PM
    Its good to know the Airplane mode trick lives and does something for this Epic lol. Use to do this for my first Epic4G... It happen to me once but i was driving so i just thought i drove threw a dead zone or something lol ... But i have yet to experience it again ... (knocking on wood here) Hopefully the fix will be out soon..
    09-28-2011 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD