View Poll Results: Return (or not buy) the E4GT and wait for the Sprint Nexus Prime?

115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm going to return my E4GT and wait (and hope) for the Sprint Nexus Prime.

6 5.22%
  • Yes, I'm going to hold off on getting the E4GT and wait (and hope) for the Sprint Nexus Prime.

18 15.65%
  • No, I am completely satisfied with the E4GT and have no interest in the Sprint Nexus Prime.

44 38.26%
  • No, I am interested in the Sprint Nexus Prime but I cannot or do not want to wait.

32 27.83%
  • Not sure, still mulling it over...

15 13.04%
10-06-2011 11:35 AM
43 12
    I'm betting it will be soon. Beginning of November sounds perfectly reasonable for seeing an ICS device on Sprint... though I'd rather see it in HTC or Moto hardware than Samsung.
    I don't see how sprint will release the nexus prime this year when the nexus s 4g is not even 6 months old. next may seems more likely than nov.
    09-29-2011 11:51 PM
    I agree. I honestly think the only carrier that will have the prime for a while is Verizon. Based off no real info other than the scenario reminds me of when sprint didn't do nexus one because of the HTC evo. Seems silly to have GSII if prime is on its way.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    09-30-2011 12:07 AM
    I too am considering returning my E4GT Friday to wait for the coming announcements. I feel your pain.
    Not sure everyone on this thread knows the return window is now only 14 days. That combined with no premier means paying full price for upgrades after a year for the new phone addicted.

09-30-2011 04:01 AM
    I don't know if we'll see it on Sprint anytime soon. If we get a version of the iPhone, I can see Sprint wanting to push that as opposed to pitting it against a halo Android phone. By the middle of October we'll know a lot more.
    09-30-2011 08:32 AM
    I'm debating returning the phone tomorrow (last day to return). Worst case, if prime doesn't come to Sprint till end of December or early next year, I will re-buy e4t on the 11th. If prime comes earlier, of course, I would get it purely because of the screen resolution. WVGA in 4.5 inch screen (e4t) is not pretty. 720p in a 4.65" screen would be awesome IMO.

I'm not one of those people who buy phones at full price every 6 to 8 months. I'm going to be stuck with the same phone for 20 months (was stuck on tp2 for 2 years..painful), so I want to be picky and chose the best damn phone possible.
    09-30-2011 10:40 PM
    I am gonna guess the other carriers will not see the Nexus until after the Holiday season at the earliest.
    09-30-2011 10:55 PM
    The Galaxy S II HD is already announced and even better.

The Samsung CEO has said that the SGS3 is early next year. (MWC?)
    2.0GHz quad-core, 1.5GB RAM, 32GB memory, 352ppi and may be the first Sprint LTE.

The Samsung Note is already annouced 720p, 5.3" and should hit the US by CTIA.

Samsung has promised investors that next generation phones will hit every six months from now on. The SGS4 is expected by next Christmas. It may be 5.3" HD SAMOLED in a case about the size of the Epic 4G Touch.

There is just as much coming from HTC but Samsung makes the SAMOLED displays so they are stuck with LCD.

The Epic 4G Touch is the best phone available today. Keep it. Enjoy it. Try out a Bluetooth Mouse with it. Get 30+ Hours. Play with the Lockscreen. Try out pure Android without root. Then sell it for a few hundred in a few months and get LTE.
    Your a genius. I agree completely. The phones in the pipe are nice, but very small incremental increases compared to the eTouch. Now, past the Prime and Motorola HD and Vigor, You start talking SGSII HD, SGS3 and SGS4, now were talking a reason to get update happy! (the prime and SGSII then will be like the nexus s/epic slider is now, a good phone, but not the best, when super phones are dropping in and perform faster than it could hope to. I love this phone so much, and WILL be satisfied until the NEXT big one rolls through next year.

If it isn't a Samsung display, and a big luscious display, I PASS

I feel like the SGSII was a duel core device worth poping on. Sure, in the next 3-6 months phones will come out and run along side, but those people are waiting while we are playing
    10-03-2011 08:46 PM
    With the rumors of sprint plopping down $20 billion over the next few years on the iphone, I'm wondering if we'll be seeing them continue to get other phones like the prime so quickly.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch
    10-03-2011 10:03 PM
    If you want to believe BGR they are reporting it WILL be a Verizon Exclusive.

For how long is the question

Samsung Galaxy Nexus full specs revealed; Verizon Wireless exclusive
    10-06-2011 08:50 AM
    I'm curious how they're handling the 1280 X 720 resolution. I assume they'll have to scale the icons and text because if they go the qHD route and shrink everything down, it's just going to be too small for a lot of people.

Interestingly, even though the screen is longer diagonally and slightly larger in area, the 16X9 Nexus Prime screen is actually 1mm thinner than the 5:3 screen of the E4GT. So the phone should be a hair narrower. However, the screen will be 4.5mm taller, which is pretty damn tall.

I'm content to ride out another year with the E4GT. But if I were locked into a two year plan, I might want to think about it some more. Then again, you go for the Prime and find out that an even better phone is coming in a few months. When does the madness end?

The one thing about the Prime that does give me pause is that I like some of the bells and whistles of TW, namely all the native video codec support and the sweet camera program.
    10-06-2011 09:11 AM
    "5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front" - wtf is that, they need to get with the times. They can't make a better camera?
    10-06-2011 09:52 AM
    That's one of those things that happen to save a few bucks. It may be a dream phone, but it still has to sell for $200-$300 on contract.
    10-06-2011 10:08 AM
    A 5MP camera will look better than an 8MP camera if it uses a higher quality sensor. Typically that would mean a larger sensor to capture more light.

10-06-2011 10:26 AM
    A 5MP camera will look better than an 8MP camera if it uses a higher quality sensor. Typically that would mean a larger sensor to capture more light.

So the Prime has a higher quality sensor?
    10-06-2011 10:33 AM
    If it uses WiMax on Sprint, then what makes the Nexus Prime so much better than the Galaxy S II? I know it has a slightly larger screen, but it supposedly has a smaller battery, equally powerful 1.2 Ghz processor, and a lower res 5MP camera...
    10-06-2011 10:39 AM
    So the Prime has a higher quality sensor?
    Nobody knows the answer and personally, being a photographer.....,most of these sensors are all the same so I doubt there is any quality difference.

For me, at this sensor size, I would prefer 5mp quite honestly as fewer pixels would mean large pixels and less noise if in fact it's the same physical size sensor.

The difference in detail resolution between 5 and 8 megapixels at this sensor size is miniscule.
    10-06-2011 11:02 AM
    The difference in detail resolution between 5 and 8 megapixels at this sensor size is miniscule.
    The Evo 3D and E4GT beg to differ. Actually my Evo 4G at 8MP has nowhere near the clarity of the E4GT. So the actual MP difference is probably not much of a factor, but obviously, the cameras are quite different in quality.
    10-06-2011 11:24 AM
    For the record, I ended up keeping my E4GT and I'm quite happy that I did. It's a great phone and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
    10-06-2011 11:35 AM
43 12