07-24-2013 02:13 AM
41 12
tools
    I am on the phone right now with Samsung customer/tech support with regards to connectivity (3G/4G) issues. The tech person says they have had no reports of this , and is now making notes about my issue.

Now I know people all over the internet, and esp. on the Sprint community forums (and here) are complaining about this. So I recommend that every SG2 owner with this issue CALL Samsung and let their tech support know that this IS a real issue and that you will be returning the phone immediately if they don't "fix" this. We can't rely on Sprint to do this, as history has shown...and unless people complain directly to the manufacturer, nothing will change.

Here's Samsung's Tech Support number: 1-888-987-4357

The tech person on the phone with me right now is "investigating" the issue and escalating the issue to Tier 3 support.

If everyone else sounds off about this to Samsung, something might actually be done?
    Just for the record, what signal strength do you see indicated (in dBm, not "bars") and how does that compare to other sprint devices there?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.484081,65.842654
    10-04-2011 02:35 AM
    Just for the record, what signal strength do you see indi
    cated (in dBm, not "bars") and how does that compare to other sprint devices there?
    -106 on a good day. My BBerry was about -95 at its worst. Anyway, I also get tons of dropped calls with SG2 which I didn't get with any other Sprint phone. Why?
    10-04-2011 02:39 AM
    -106 on a good day. My BBerry was about -95 at its worst. Anyway, I also get tons of dropped calls with SG2 which I didn't get with any other Sprint phone. Why?
    This is going to sound strange but does it change at all if you press into the back of the case toward the edges? My first suspicion is manufacturing defect preventing good contact with the antenna, but I'm just guessing.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.484175,65.842763
    10-04-2011 02:48 AM
    This is going to sound strange but does it change at all if you press into the back of the case toward the edges? My first suspicion is manufacturing defect preventing good contact with the antenna, but I'm just guessing.
    Nope.
    10-04-2011 03:40 AM
    Is everyone calling Samsung? They are completely dropping the ball and saying it's a Sprint issue - which isn't the case, because other phone models are not having the same issue. After a handful of us called/tweeted Samsung, they are now saying they are unaware that the radio reception is an issue!

Everyone, please CALL (1-888-987-4357) or tweet (@GalaxySsupport) them to let Samsung know this is a real issue!
    10-04-2011 04:12 PM
    I just tweeted

@GalaxySsupport
    Sprint Epic touch LOS
    Sprint Community: Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch
    When will patch to fix issue be available??????
    10-04-2011 07:27 PM
    Hate to say this to you guys but I learned my lesson about Samsung and there radio issues back a few months ago with my old nexus s no g. Samsung is just a bad company when it comes to customer service! There 3g and 4g radios suck! There wifi radios aren't much better. If you frequent areas with weaker signal then you need to stay away from Samsung phones. It sucks too cus they make some really nice phones if you can get past the weak signal issues. I hope they help you guys but if I were you don't hold your breath! I'm guessing they used the same radios on your phone that they used on the nexus s and the update that finally came out for the nexus didn't do much to help there inferior hardware. It's more than likely a hardware issue and will not be fixed by a software update. Do a Google search or just check out the nexus s 4g forums here and you will see Samsung probably can't / won't fix your issue. Sorry to bear the bad news.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    swoope likes this.
    10-04-2011 08:30 PM
    Hate to say this to you guys but I learned my lesson about Samsung and there radio issues back a few months ago with my old nexus s no g. Samsung is just a bad company when it comes to customer service! There 3g and 4g radios suck! There wifi radios aren't much better. If you frequent areas with weaker signal then you need to stay away from Samsung phones. It sucks too cus they make some really nice phones if you can get past the weak signal issues. I hope they help you guys but if I were you don't hold your breath! I'm guessing they used the same radios on your phone that they used on the nexus s and the update that finally came out for the nexus didn't do much to help there inferior hardware. It's more than likely a hardware issue and will not be fixed by a software update. Do a Google search or just check out the nexus s 4g forums here and you will see Samsung probably can't / won't fix your issue. Sorry to bear the bad news.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    That's exactly my concern, given the poor response I've had so far from Samsung. A real shame, as it's a really nice phone.
    10-05-2011 12:31 AM
    I tweeted @samsungsupport and @SamsungMobileUS. Never got a word back from @SamusngMobileUS, but today heard back from @samsungsupport with a "thanks for letting us know! We'll pass this info on". Well, a heck of a lot of good it does anyone when they keep "passing" the info on but no one fixes it!

Samsung has poor customer service, this much I've figured out by now.
    10-07-2011 01:20 PM
    I guess I'm pretty lucky because mine and my wife's phone get great reception. Co-workers at my office are not having an issue. So it's not an issue on every handset.

Best of luck to everyone that's having this issue
    10-07-2011 01:47 PM
    I guess I'm pretty lucky because mine and my wife's phone get great reception. Co-workers at my office are not having an issue. So it's not an issue on every handset.

Best of luck to everyone that's having this issue
    OMG, -76! That's awesome. The best mine has gotten is -96! The usual is -106.

You're very lucky!
    10-07-2011 02:23 PM
    OMG, -76! That's awesome. The best mine has gotten is -96! So lucky!
    I havent seen a signal issue at all but I get great 3G and 4G speeds too.
    10-07-2011 02:26 PM
    I havent seen a signal issue at all but I get great 3G and 4G speeds too.
    Jealous... (alas, there is no forum droid icon for that emotion)
    10-07-2011 05:08 PM
    I'm getting anywhere from 120k down to 900k with the speedtest.net app. My pre in the same spots was 1.5+. 4g is spotty where I work so it's off. Getting random periods of delayed texts and no ring vm's too. Same with my wife's phone.
    10-07-2011 06:00 PM
    This could be a temporary problem in my android device may not be data service
    07-24-2013 02:00 AM
    Provisioned for data service
    07-24-2013 02:13 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD