Galaxy S2 Connection and Samsung Tech Support

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if they will fix it, though. I would be sad to return my phone as I otherwise love it. :-\

Dittos for me. Except I had even worse problems with the Photon, so I turned it back in. I figured since the Sammy had been out in Europe for months, this would be safe. And while I'm loving the phone, I'm concerned about the bugs. I had the "Android OS" bug occur yesterday. Phone got really warm, battery showed much faster drain, and battery usage stats changed from screen being number one to the Android OS being number one at about 75%. Did a factory reset and good again, but from what I'm reading this seems to take several days before it pops up for some people.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Here is the reply I received via Twitter: SamsungSupport Samsung Support @
@hawkyou72 Hi! I have sent your info on for further analysis. Stay tuned! ^Sean

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't seem to be experiencing any of these issues. I am in SE Florida and connectivity their (3G) seems fine to me. Perhaps I am one of the lucky few?

Also, my phone is totally stock.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Here is the reply I received via Twitter: SamsungSupport Samsung Support @
@hawkyou72 Hi! I have sent your info on for further analysis. Stay tuned! ^Sean
I just tweeted them again and they said the same to me...which means what exactly? That we're being put off by Samsung with empty promises...

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I tweeted Samsung again today and asked what's the ETA on their fix for the reception issue. This is their response to me, " Sorry! We don't have any info. Please reach out to @Sprintcare for further support on this issue. Thanks! ^jc"...which is to say, Samsung is not owning this signal issue at all.

Then, I heard from another person on twitter, whose handle is @NoSamsngSupport and they said, " Funny, they don't support their older phones either. My phone is 1 yr old w/ 15 mo. old Android". So it seems that Samsung drops the ball on any phone they put out, as they're less concerned with what customers thinks AFTER they have made the purchase.

Seems my phone has to go back...because without signal (which I was not getting yet again today), the phone is not a phone. :-\

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I am on the phone right now with Samsung customer/tech support with regards to connectivity (3G/4G) issues. The tech person says they have had no reports of this :eek:, and is now making notes about my issue.

Now I know people all over the internet, and esp. on the Sprint community forums (and here) are complaining about this. So I recommend that every SG2 owner with this issue CALL Samsung and let their tech support know that this IS a real issue and that you will be returning the phone immediately if they don't "fix" this. We can't rely on Sprint to do this, as history has shown...and unless people complain directly to the manufacturer, nothing will change.

Here's Samsung's Tech Support number: 1-888-987-4357

The tech person on the phone with me right now is "investigating" the issue and escalating the issue to Tier 3 support.

If everyone else sounds off about this to Samsung, something might actually be done?

Just for the record, what signal strength do you see indicated (in dBm, not "bars") and how does that compare to other sprint devices there?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.484081,65.842654

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Just for the record, what signal strength do you see indi
cated (in dBm, not "bars") and how does that compare to other sprint devices there?
-106 on a good day. My BBerry was about -95 at its worst. Anyway, I also get tons of dropped calls with SG2 which I didn't get with any other Sprint phone. Why?

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
-106 on a good day. My BBerry was about -95 at its worst. Anyway, I also get tons of dropped calls with SG2 which I didn't get with any other Sprint phone. Why?

This is going to sound strange but does it change at all if you press into the back of the case toward the edges? My first suspicion is manufacturing defect preventing good contact with the antenna, but I'm just guessing.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.484175,65.842763

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Is everyone calling Samsung? They are completely dropping the ball and saying it's a Sprint issue - which isn't the case, because other phone models are not having the same issue. After a handful of us called/tweeted Samsung, they are now saying they are unaware that the radio reception is an issue!:confused:

Everyone, please CALL (1-888-987-4357) or tweet (@GalaxySsupport) them to let Samsung know this is a real issue!

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Hate to say this to you guys but I learned my lesson about Samsung and there radio issues back a few months ago with my old nexus s no g. Samsung is just a bad company when it comes to customer service! There 3g and 4g radios suck! There wifi radios aren't much better. If you frequent areas with weaker signal then you need to stay away from Samsung phones. It sucks too cus they make some really nice phones if you can get past the weak signal issues. I hope they help you guys but if I were you don't hold your breath! I'm guessing they used the same radios on your phone that they used on the nexus s and the update that finally came out for the nexus didn't do much to help there inferior hardware. It's more than likely a hardware issue and will not be fixed by a software update. Do a Google search or just check out the nexus s 4g forums here and you will see Samsung probably can't / won't fix your issue. Sorry to bear the bad news.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hate to say this to you guys but I learned my lesson about Samsung and there radio issues back a few months ago with my old nexus s no g. Samsung is just a bad company when it comes to customer service! There 3g and 4g radios suck! There wifi radios aren't much better. If you frequent areas with weaker signal then you need to stay away from Samsung phones. It sucks too cus they make some really nice phones if you can get past the weak signal issues. I hope they help you guys but if I were you don't hold your breath! I'm guessing they used the same radios on your phone that they used on the nexus s and the update that finally came out for the nexus didn't do much to help there inferior hardware. It's more than likely a hardware issue and will not be fixed by a software update. Do a Google search or just check out the nexus s 4g forums here and you will see Samsung probably can't / won't fix your issue. Sorry to bear the bad news.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
That's exactly my concern, given the poor response I've had so far from Samsung. A real shame, as it's a really nice phone.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I tweeted @samsungsupport and @SamsungMobileUS. Never got a word back from @SamusngMobileUS, but today heard back from @samsungsupport with a "thanks for letting us know! We'll pass this info on". Well, a heck of a lot of good it does anyone when they keep "passing" the info on but no one fixes it!

Samsung has poor customer service, this much I've figured out by now.

trentlythp

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm pretty lucky because mine and my wife's phone get great reception. Co-workers at my office are not having an issue. So it's not an issue on every handset.

Best of luck to everyone that's having this issue

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm pretty lucky because mine and my wife's phone get great reception. Co-workers at my office are not having an issue. So it's not an issue on every handset.

Best of luck to everyone that's having this issue
OMG, -76! That's awesome. The best mine has gotten is -96! The usual is -106.

You're very lucky!

Last edited:

g_schrage52

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting anywhere from 120k down to 900k with the speedtest.net app. My pre in the same spots was 1.5+. 4g is spotty where I work so it's off. Getting random periods of delayed texts and no ring vm's too. Same with my wife's phone.