10-01-2011 09:08 AM
38 12
tools
    You know what's weird? I never in the past had a cell signal in Best Buy with any of my android phones much past the front door. I was strolling through BB the other day looking at all the stuff I can't afford and the phone rang. When I looked at the signal status it was showing three bars consistently...no matter where I went in the store (Salem, NH). I asked them if they had a repeater or an airave and they said no?

I certainly don't profess this to be the case in all buildings but it was interesting.
    09-30-2011 07:05 PM
    Today VZW spanked Sprint so bad I wanted to trade my sgsII back....then I was like for what? Verizons phones suck so hard, everything sucks.
    Remember when sprint had the worst phones out? Now they just need to step up the network, and they will

Sent from a pocket-sized computer that also makes calls
    09-30-2011 07:05 PM
    Remember when sprint had the worst phones out? Now they just need to step up the network, and they will

Yes they will. What I like about Sprint is they warned me about areas that suck here. Verizon just lied to me, and let me spend 300 bucks on a phone that couldn't connect for half a day, LTE coverage is suck too. I am sick of paying money to the "my shiznit don't stink network." ha ha
    09-30-2011 07:11 PM
    My area has ways been good. 11 year customer, no problems. I guess sprint likes houston...

09-30-2011 07:16 PM
    I just dislike the Roaming prompt. Not used to that. Granted it happens in areas I really have zero use for my phone, but dang, I am in town, not roaming.
    ntborg likes this.
    09-30-2011 07:21 PM
    for the record, Sprint dominates VZW in clear areas like my house. My speeds are sick here while VZW chokes and throttles.
    09-30-2011 07:24 PM
    I just dislike the Roaming prompt. Not used to that. Granted it happens in areas I really have zero use for my phone, but dang, I am in town, not roaming.
    I turn of roaming on every phone. Never had an issue. I believe roaming has been causing battery problems for our phone as well. Set it to sprint only and tell me how it works for you

09-30-2011 07:24 PM
    I still think the SG2 has radio issues, or else why would it have indoor reception issues for so many people...when other phones don't have the same problem on the same network? Ya know?
    The reason why it seems like so many people have had radio issues with this phone is because, like Jaywill said numerous times, the negative threads in the forum are far more amplified than the good because people don't typically post a thread stating how well the phone works. After all, the whole point of a forum (at least one of the main points) is to help others with problems on their devices.

Edit: for example, the SGS2 overseas has a whole bunch of negatives threads on XDA talking about yellowing screens, overheating phones, and sometimes bad wifi performance, but that didn't stop the SGS2 to get great reviews. For all we know, like any other device, all those bugs or problems might've just been from a defective device.
    Samsmalls likes this.
    09-30-2011 11:41 PM
    would I get banned for throwing up S dog? On the network shiznit, die.
    Samsmalls likes this.
    09-30-2011 11:42 PM
    Yes they will. What I like about Sprint is they warned me about areas that suck here. Verizon just lied to me, and let me spend 300 bucks on a phone that couldn't connect for half a day, LTE coverage is suck too. I am sick of paying money to the "my shiznit don't stink network." ha ha
    Verizon those liars lied to me also, CSR's & there coverage map! & I lied like ceramic tile right over to "SPRINT" WITHOUT THERE $600+ Etf for canceling my lines... They knew there coverage was "short" as Gary Coleman in my area!

Watcha talkin' bout Verizon?
    Like I really need bars inside the House Of Blues standing area righttttt.
    "Can you hear me now" over this live performance?

Spring great bars, In & near the restroom! I can live with that...
    Johnly likes this.
    10-01-2011 01:50 AM
    4g coverage is good here. I guess it depends on where you are.
    exactly

(here is Providence, RI, BTW)
    10-01-2011 08:29 AM
    The general consensus seems to be that Sprint's data network as a whole, pretty much sucks. In Chicago both Verizon and AT&T do far better than Sprint in terms of 3G. Verizon's 4G here as well as AT&T's newly lit 4G blow the doors off wimax. Sprint's poor data network really gets exposed when you start using devices like the Eptouch or the photon. Can you even imagine what its going to be like once the iP5 launches?? To me it's worth the extra $ to actually be able to enjoy my smartphone. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    10-01-2011 09:01 AM
    My area has ways been good. 11 year customer, no problems. I guess sprint likes houston...

Sprint likes Texas. I get great coverage in San Antonio too.
    10-01-2011 09:08 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD