Epic 4G Touch vs. EVO 3D: A Real Life Comparison

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Samsung Epic Touch 4G and the call quality is MUCH better but the EVO 3D has faster data speeds. I had the EVO 3D for about 2 plus months.
Some of these things are just my opinion of course so some may have another view:

Epic Touch 4G - Pros
1. Significantly better voice quality

2. So far no dropped calls (I'll update if this changes).

3. The screen is much more vibrant but the resolution difference is kind of noticeable so in some cases I find the EVO 3D better and in some situations I prefer the ET4G.

4. Accurately shows number of unread messages in email on exchange all the time

5. Larger screen

6. Lighter

7. Slimmer

8. Blacks are extremely good - you can switch it to Movie mode if you find the colors oversaturated.

9. Contacts show easier - IMHO

10. Better speaker quality or just louder

11. Better camera - pictures are much crisper.

12. Vlingo integrated nicely so it accurately dials by name - when adding Vlingo to the 3D I had to touch the screen to use Vlingo - not so with the ET4G.

13. Better viewing angles for screen - easier to read even when not perfectly parallel with your eyes.

Epic Touch 4G - Cons
1. TouchWiz not as good in most ways as Sense IMHO

2. Lock screen seems to require more of a swipe to clear.

3. I prefer the wallpapers on the EVO 3D (insignificant I realize).

4. I prefer the news and weather widgets on the EVO 3D (not terribly important either).

5. It seems just a little slower to charge although neither is fast even when charging via AC.

6. Slower data speeds than the 3D.

7. For some reason when you press the voice mail icon it goes to speaker even if you have BT enabled. (Samsung is aware of the issue and working on a fix)

EVO 3D - Pros
1. The data on the EVO 3D is much faster than the ET4G

2. The screen has a higher resolution but isn't as vibrant so in some cases I find the EVO 3D better and in some situations I prefer the ET4G

3. I find rearranging icons easier with Sense than TouchWiz. In general I prefer most things about Sense.

4. I prefer the IM format on the E3D - can't say definitevely it is better - just a preference.

EVO 3D – Cons

1. Horrible voice quality

2. Dropped calls

3. Doesn't accurately indicate number of unread messages on Exchange mailboxes.

4. Smaller Screen

5. Voice dial not at all accurate.

OTHER
I don't really notice much difference in speed between the two - some say they notice a big difference and claim the Epic Touch 4G is much faster/smoother- I don't notice that at all.

If it wasn't for the crappy call quality and dropped calls/signal issues on the EVO 3D I would have been happy to have stuck with the EVO 3D.

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
bla terrible comparison real world use review miss key points.
Epic touch wins:
Battery life
Device speed
Audio - speaker louder , Call clarity.

Heck only thing hes right on with Epic touch negative would be signal strength.
ET destroys 3D on everything else

Perhaps you left out the HUGE disclaimer at the top. (Disclaimer: Please keep in mind these are my opinions of the two devices on a professional level.) "Your mileage may vary " was also in there.
These are my personal experiences. Add the different service areas, locations, network signal strength, etc. and you see a different viewpoint. Shape up your comment. It's chock full o' newb.

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
If it wasn't for the crappy call quality and dropped calls/signal issues on the EVO 3D I would have been happy to have stuck with the EVO 3D.

Maybe I got lucky with mine. My Epic might need a PRL update too. I been having a few small hiccups with voice and data but overall I am happy with both devices. The way I see it, haters gonna hate no matter what you tell them or show them. It all boils down to personal preference.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps you left out the HUGE disclaimer at the top. (Disclaimer: Please keep in mind these are my opinions of the two devices on a professional level.) "Your mileage may vary " was also in there.
These are my personal experiences. Add the different service areas, locations, network signal strength, etc. and you see a different viewpoint. Shape up your comment. It's chock full o' newb.

Your review is swiss cheese leaving out key components that professionals cares about, I could go into more detail but don't have time someone else can pic up that slack you sure didn't.
Your millage may very lol good stuff

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
"Cellular Radio (Winner: HTC EVO3D, but not by much):"

Not at all, FAIL! 3D dropped calls like drug dealer holding a hottt narcotic in a raid! Loved 3d, but with the charging port on the bottom of landscape mode, the stock mesg app constantly telling me I had missed mesg.horrible live streaming Short batt ect.... compared to this "don't bring your charger touch" "com' on man" E3D Fail!
Still got 15% left " all night long, all day strong "

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20