GPS issue

Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I need help. I love my Epic Touch but the GPS doesn't want to work. When I have all the GPS stuff checked it can find me but the GPS app wont follow me. When I turn off all but the main GPS part the phone cant lock a signal at all. is there anything I need to do to fix it or do I have to bring it in?

panchrisp

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Restart the phone.
Ive seen this issue before and it seems like at this point there is not much you can do other than restart the phone. Its possible that if the phone looses data for a while for some reason the gps will not lock anymore. But after restarting, the GPS will lock on within 3 meters in less than 5 seconds. When it works, it works really well.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I would take it back cause mine locks instantly without any issues!

Just compare it with the sprint demo.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

gb923

May 18, 2010
Visit site
What do you have checked in Settings -> Location and Security?

I have found that having "Use sensor aiding" checked really slows down the GPS lock on my E4GT. With "Use wireless networks" and "Use GPS satellites" checked, it works great on mine and my wife's phones.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've used Google Maps with wifi on and off, indoors and outdoors, and it locks within seconds. Maybe you should take it back and get a replacement.

craigdts

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
gps issues are a known problem with samsung phones, that's why many vowed not to use samsung phones no matter how good the other parts are. Moment and epic owners never had working gps. The epic 2 has problems indoors

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who had had lock problems, have you tried ##gpsclrx# ?

I found if I use the gps when at home it works fine, but whenI roam it takesa long time to lock, just cleared and rebooted and it locked in about 2 seconds after a reboot and opening up maps

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I had my first GPS freakout today. I was in Newark using the Nav program. It locked fine, but it kept putting on the street to the west or east of the one I was on and then remapped accordingly, telling me to turn onto the road I was already on. I was able to figure out where to go based on the map, but I had to turn off navigation because it was confusing the hell out of me. Never had anything remotely as odd as that on the Evo.

dyaga

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I need help. I love my Epic Touch but the GPS doesn't want to work. When I have all the GPS stuff checked it can find me but the GPS app wont follow me. When I turn off all but the main GPS part the phone cant lock a signal at all. is there anything I need to do to fix it or do I have to bring it in?
go to settings--> location and security--> if you have chosen to encrypt the phone you will need to decrypt the phone in order to get gps back to a functional state. phone will reboot and you will be back up and running in no time

at least.... this was my problem

samsung called this a feature... no word as the if they will fix it or not yet...

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
See the Getting Started section on Extend Your Battery - Speed Up Your Phone. → →

Periodically resetting your GPS can save battery and get a fix quicker.
Enhance Your GPS
Turn on GPS when needed: Tap Home > Menu > Settings > Location and security.
• Turn Use wireless networks ON, Use GPS satellites ON, and Use sesor aiding ON.
• GPS takes a lot of power especially when navigating. Turn OFF when not needed.
Periodically reset GPS data and download fresh data for faster GPS fix & to save battery.
• Install GPS Status & Toolbox (free, $3 upgrade) and open app to see your GPS accuracy
• Tap Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS state and tap Reset then tap Download.
• Test your GPS: Tap Menu > Settings > Show time to GPS fix

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante