Sooooo Have You Dropped It Yet?

bishop808

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
What is everyone using to touch up the scratches, mines just got chipped where the usb gets plugged in. Tried a sharpie but might try model paint.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Got my headphone cable tangled up in my arm and yanked the phone right out of my hand. Landed hard on concrete. There's a crack in the corner, but it's just cosmetic. Bezel on three corners is scuffed up, but the screen was not scratched. I considered using TEP to replace it, but I love the one I have and didn't want to gamble with some of the issues some people have had, so I'll be keeping this slightly cracked one for now.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
ive dropped it twice, once on tile in the kitchen, three and half foot fall, and second was on concrete outside a gas station... have a wrapsol body kit only damage was upper right corner where screen meets bezel is a little flatter... and a small scratch on the back where the speaker is. phone works as good as it did day 1

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
TPU case + steinheill screen protector = peace of mind

That's what I thought but my kid took the phone out of my pocket as we were leaving the playground and trip and fell down on the right knee still holding the phone in the left hand. I didn't see the phone hit the ground but when I got home, I noticed my steinheill screen lifted in the lower left corner. The TPU case was barely scratched in the corner BUT the lower left corner of the phone was rough when I removed the TPU case to investigate the bubble in the screen. And I meticulously applied the screen on just one day ahead of the fall. Now I have no faith in the TPU case's ability to protect the phone and the screen lifting in the corner is bothering me so I would have to replace it.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Very hard to drop if I don't let it go. :D

Put a TPU case on it, but don't really like it. Added 'bulk'.

Waiting for the screen protector. Been coddling it until then.

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully only dropped on carpet so far. I had a butthole pucker moment the other night. Took my dogs out in the backyard and sat my phone on the top of my rail post...apparently where my cat likes to perch. I made it at just the perfect second as the cat hit the phone and it was about to fall onto a concrete sidewalk. I only have mine in a white/clear hybrid TPU case. Doubt it would provide enough protection. Hate not having a tougher case for our phone yet. Really miss my Ballistic Case I had on the EVO. Gave that case to my fiance. Need a better case for hunting season. Ballistic case saved my EVO last year twice. Once dropped from tree stand and down 16 ft hitting just about every step on the way down and getting dropped in slushy snow and almost lost. Thankfully I choose the Black/Red case so I was able to find it when retracing my steps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz