Front facing Camera Problem (Reversed)

lizzluv1

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok I don't know if this has been talked about yet with the epic 4g touch but the front facing camera takes mirror image pictures. Like if I take a picture to the right, the picture itself is to the left. It's really strange. I've contacted samsung about this and they recommend I do a soft reset and of course it didn't work but I have 4 friends and family members who have the same problem. Is it a bad batch or do you guys have that problem to?

If so is there anyway to fix it or an app I can use to take regular front facing pictures.
Don't get me wrong I love this phone. It's my baby but although this problem is minor it is getting to me :/.

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I do believe every phone with an FFC takes mirrored pictures, at least, every phone I've used with one. It's a hardware thing.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've been trying to post a message but had some data trouble.

I was trying to say the same thing, with the front facing camera, it assumes you are going to be using it for video chat in which your would show up correctly.

I did find out that if you go and edit the picture (on your phone) there is a setting to flip the picture easily for you.

Rob

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Um, all front facing cameras (from what I've used) do that. The viewfinder is practically a mirror but the actual picture is flipped from the view finder.

pb_2000

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
With skype, using the front camera, it's even worse. It's sending the video upside down, so during video chat ONE person has to hold the phone upside down.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I try to be helpful whenever possible, but if I have made a mistake in a post, rather than laugh at me, correct me, please.

I know I'm new to the Android scene, and coming from WebOS I might make mistakes.

I knew WebOS inside and out. So I might be jumping the gun in helping over here. But I do want to help!

I read the complaint, and looked at the settings in Skype and there is a 'Enable Rotation & Zoom' setting. I am assuming that will let you adjust the rotation of the video during a call?

Would this not help with this issue?

Rob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech