Sprint and Samsung are aware of radio issues

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
UPS delivered mine 6 hours ago, so far i've been able to download 1 app. Loved it when I took it out of the box, loved it even more after I messed around with the OS (no data attempts) and at this point i'm barely resisting the urge to throw it. What an utter letdown. That will teach me to pay attention when I read large volumes of the same complaint and decide to buy something anyway. Absolutely incredible phone though if it had that data functionality thing so many of the new phones have.
Dont forget to let Sprint know
Sprint Community: Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well the signal issues with this phone started hitting the tech news blogs yesterday, so hopefully it may push them along a little faster in coming up with a solution for those who are having problems.

kgbeezr1

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I left Verizon and a Samsung Droid Charge for no other reason than the GSII. I want this phone enough that I would probably pay an inflated price if I could be assured one that works like some lucky people in this thread managed to get. I'm going to try at least one exchange and hope for the best - I never intended to trade a Charge for a Photon. Not to say the Photon isn't a great phone, it's just not the one i've been waiting for. :cool:

And since I couldn't access anything data related I decided to break out the good headphones and listen to the audio quality as i'd read on this forum that it stunk, something I was really worried about. It's flipping amazing, as good as the Charge running Voodoo Sound as far as i'm concerned. Just hit me in the face with a shovel, Samsung.

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
You guys just made me stay with my Motorola Photon! I had the same issues with my NXS4G I guess its a Samsung thing. I love the radios on my MoPho!

Same here! This sounds exactly like the nexus s 4g signal issue. I'm betting there the same radios. I hope they hook you guys up but the nexus s never got fixed. They pushed out an updated that was suppose to fix the 4g (most noticed no difference, me included) but nothing ever came out to help the 3g signal or wifi or gps for that matter. If this is a game stopper issue for you I would not sit around and wait for your return window to close. Good chance this will never get fixed if Samsung fallows its track record. All reports point to weak hardware.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Lmao at everyone claiming that they are gonna stick with their Photon! Mind you while that phone's radios are good no excellent, when it first released it would silence calls during an active call and the only way to bring back voice audio was a reboot. This went on for approx 25 days after release for them to push out a fix. So its not to say that the problem only some of you are seeing with ur GS2 is due to hardware.

And Not to mention after my photon received the update it only worked for 2 more days before it fell into a continuous reboot loop!

So for those of you claiming that the phonton is a better choice, I wish you better luck than me and I hope they fix the variant volume issue for the photon some time soon.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Lmao at everyone claiming that they are gonna stick with their Photon! Mind you while that phone's radios are good no excellent, when it first released it would silence calls during an active call and the only way to bring back voice audio was a reboot. This went on for approx 25 days after release for them to push out a fix. So its not to say that the problem only some of you are seeing with ur GS2 is due to hardware.

And Not to mention after my photon received the update it only worked for 2 more days before it fell into a continuous reboot loop!

So for those of you claiming that the phonton is a better choice, I wish you better luck than me and I hope they fix the variant volume issue for the photon some time soon.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

I liked your post for 2 reasons.
1: Is because of your experience with the Photon and sharing some of the issues that shows its not that perfect of phone for everyone just like the E4GT isn't.
2:Wishing them luck with it when they get it.

Those who have tried the phone and had to many issues with it and are moving to another phone Good luck from me as well. We are all a Sprint family.:D

Reactions: YBCold

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
In Chicago anyway it isn't just this phone on Sprint. The problem goes deeper.:mad: The Sprint rep confirmed today that problems with my BB were due to "work on the cell towers and various cell towers being out of service at different times." "I'm sorry I can't give you a time table when things will get better." Pretty much says it all. Other than that my contract isn't up until January.:(

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has been working on their data service and will have a live event tomorrow. I think theirs a podcast or it will stream live online. Hopefully we will get some good answers.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Well the signal issues with this phone started hitting the tech news blogs yesterday, so hopefully it may push them along a little faster in coming up with a solution for those who are having problems.
Can you share where you found these blogs? Would love to be able to read them. Thanks. :)

StillFunkyB

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone a little over a week ago. First day I had it I only did a few minimal changes to get myself up and running from my BB Curve. On Saturday I spent a lot of time customizing, using WiFi for data connection and noticed that even though I am only 10 steps away from my router I was only getting 1 bar on the display. No big deal really, I know that you really can't go by "bars", and it didn't seem like speeds were all that bad.

Then on Sunday, while watching football at my in-laws (on WiFi), several applications kept "losing connection" while trying to refresh them. I was trying to watch what my fantasy team was doing, as well as watching some scores and game casts from other games. Once again it was not that big a deal, more of an annoyance.

Then I noticed that that battery life on this phone kinda sucks. Started looking into things I could do to help battery life, and found that the signal issues and battery life are somewhat if not directly related.

That was just WiFi. I hadn't really tried 4g much yet because I didn't think that 4g had a great enough presence in my area. After looking at the map on Sprint, I should be getting great 4g coverage.

Well when I turn on 4g and it scans, it will connect to Sprint and then disconnect. It keeps doing this several times before I think it just gives up and stays disconnected.

I absolutely love this phone, but I am aware of Samsung's track record when it comes to fixing things.

I'm just not sure what to do, but I have to make a decision before next Thursday. I really don't want to go back to my BB!

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone a little over a week ago. First day I had it I only did a few minimal changes to get myself up and running from my BB Curve. On Saturday I spent a lot of time customizing, using WiFi for data connection and noticed that even though I am only 10 steps away from my router I was only getting 1 bar on the display. No big deal really, I know that you really can't go by "bars", and it didn't seem like speeds were all that bad.

Then on Sunday, while watching football at my in-laws (on WiFi), several applications kept "losing connection" while trying to refresuh them. I was trying to watch what my fantasy team was doing, as well as watching some scores and game casts from other games. Once again it was not that big a deal, more of an annoyance.

Then I noticed that that battery life on this phone kinda sucks. Started looking into things I could do to help battery life, and found that the signal issues and battery life are somewhat if not directly related.

That was just WiFi. I hadn't really tried 4g much yet because I didn't think that 4g had a great enough presence in my area. After looking at the map on Sprint, I should be getting great 4g coverage.

Well when I turn on 4g and it scans, it will connect to Sprint and then disconnect. It keeps doing this several times before I think it just gives up and stays disconnected.

I absolutely love this phone, but I am aware of Samsung's track record when it comes to fixing things.

I'm just not sure what to do, but I have to make a decision before next Thursday. I really don't want to go back to my BB!

I know it sucks. moving round the phone is great and responsive but this radio antenna thing is a major buzz
kill.. I can't stand it. If Samsung, sprint, whom ever Doesn't get this fix I vow to never buy another Samsung device again. This is only my second Sammy phone. epic 4G and now epic touch. Last one I waited for updates and I think they still are missing gingerbread and anttena issues for this one. Not looking good right now.

Last edited:

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah guys ..I noticing more and more issues with the phone ..the battery life is horrible also ..do test for me please ..browse the web on your phone for 2 minutes straight and I guarantee that you will lose 1 percent of battery life ..overall this phone sucks $#@@

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah guys ..I noticing more and more issues with the phone ..the battery life is horrible also ..do test for me please ..browse the web on your phone for 2 minutes straight and I guarantee that you will lose 1 percent of battery life ..overall this phone sucks $#@@

I disagree.

I get as good or better signal than my evo4g did. Where I an currently sitting on my evo would have shown 1 or 2 bars, currently have 3 with this et4g

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Your kidding right?

Stop crying buy a photon or do what I suggested in prior post.
Put you foot down with Video , web site , blog etc and dump it on sprint & Sumsungs door step really make a difference for smartphone world.
Im betting that 99% of AndroidCentrel ET sub forum would be grateful if you took such steps.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not seeing major battery eat using 3G data in strong coverage area.
I use Tunein Radio app 2.5 hours a day for Mark Levin listening finding 15 - 17 % loss.
With EVO & 3D it was 29 - 38 % loss in 2.5 time frame.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay