Sprint and Samsung are aware of radio issues

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I just got this phone a little over a week ago. First day I had it I only did a few minimal changes to get myself up and running from my BB Curve. On Saturday I spent a lot of time customizing, using WiFi for data connection and noticed that even though I am only 10 steps away from my router I was only getting 1 bar on the display. No big deal really, I know that you really can't go by "bars", and it didn't seem like speeds were all that bad.

Then on Sunday, while watching football at my in-laws (on WiFi), several applications kept "losing connection" while trying to refresh them. I was trying to watch what my fantasy team was doing, as well as watching some scores and game casts from other games. Once again it was not that big a deal, more of an annoyance.

Then I noticed that that battery life on this phone kinda sucks. Started looking into things I could do to help battery life, and found that the signal issues and battery life are somewhat if not directly related.

That was just WiFi. I hadn't really tried 4g much yet because I didn't think that 4g had a great enough presence in my area. After looking at the map on Sprint, I should be getting great 4g coverage.

Well when I turn on 4g and it scans, it will connect to Sprint and then disconnect. It keeps doing this several times before I think it just gives up and stays disconnected.

I absolutely love this phone, but I am aware of Samsung's track record when it comes to fixing things.

I'm just not sure what to do, but I have to make a decision before next Thursday. I really don't want to go back to my BB!

Compairing the battery life of E4GT to a BB Curve is like comparing a porche to a corolla. The Curve simply does not have as much screen or services to run as any of the Android phones that are full touch screens.

So, if battery life is what you really need, then I would say go back to the Curve, because I dont think you will ever see battery life like that on an Android phone. Especially not one with a screen this size.

Good luck with ur decision, but if you like having the 4.5"s of realestate for your viewing pleasure I'm sure you will fall in love with Android and this devise.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah guys ..I noticing more and more issues with the phone ..the battery life is horrible also ..do test for me please ..browse the web on your phone for 2 minutes straight and I guarantee that you will lose 1 percent of battery life ..overall this phone sucks $#@@

You again?!

Look, I had both the Photon and several Evos and Evo3Ds and compared to the E4GT they all fell short in the battery life department.

Especially the 3D.

So get over trying to bash this phone and find something that makes you happy. May e your really an iphone person and jist dont want to admit it!

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hell, I just got over 10 hours with only 2% phone idle!

So, take my word for it!

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
battery life only sucks when background data is on. At least thats my experience

I have always left mine on and haven't had a problem. I can't imagine how much battery life would improve if I turned it off.

I might try it tomorrow just to see!

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have always left mine on and haven't had a problem. I can't imagine how much battery life would improve if I turned it off.

I might try it tomorrow just to see!

If I leave my Galaxy Tab on wifi, it loses 3%-5% an hour with the screen off. If I put it on airplane mode (which I do when I'm not using it) it loses 1%-3% every 8 hours. So yeah, having data services running will drain your battery more.

I used to own a Touch Diamond that lasted 8-9 hours on a full charge. After moving on to the Touch Pro 2, I made the Touch Diamond a wifi only device, and it would last a full week on one charge.

My Evo would only last 6 hours on a charge. Now that it's wifi only, it will last two days. Oddly, it still uses half its battery for cell phone standby. It's running MIUI now and I froze most of the system apps with Titanium Backup, but I can't figure out how to disable the cellphone standby.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone?s phone work ok mine seems fine. Had it for 8 days no lost signal and 3G is about 1.3 meg. the same as an LG Optimus S at the exact same location.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone?s phone work ok mine seems fine. Had it for 8 days no lost signal and 3G is about 1.3 meg. the same as an LG Optimus S at the exact same location.

Yup mine works beautifully, as it does for many others. There are many having problems though too. It's hit or miss. Not sure if it's a bad batch of phones or this phone in bad Sprint areas, but enough people have reported issues for them to be real and significant. Count yourself one of the lucky ones, like I do.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I called Samsung today and they said that they have not had a single complaint about the Epic 4G Touch.
If you are having problems with your Samsung Epic 4G Touch, try calling Samsung.

1. Register your Galaxy S II device if you haven't already.
2. Call Samsung at (888)987-4357
→ Tap 1 for mobile devices → 4 mobile devices → 1 Android devices
3. Give the CSR your model number SPH-D710ZKASPR and Serial number like: A000002FUBAR11 from behind the battery.
4. Get the CSR's ID. It will be like STAM000.
5. Get your Tag number. It will be like 210-943-1234
6. Samsung will tell you that:
→ No one has ever reported any problem with the Epic 4G Touch.
→ It must be your phone - Do a factory data reset. (That will not work.)
7. Detail the problem:
→ These problems are being reported all over the country. It's not your phone.
→ A factory reset does not fix it. Every Epic has these problems.

Here are the most commonly reported issues:...

msl80

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay I just bought my GS2E4G last Wednesday and I'm wondering if the radio issue you guys are speaking of also is referenced to the sound quality of the music when being played thru earphones? The sound quality is not good even for ringtones. I'm coming from an Evolution 4G which I never had one problem with. Is this the same issue most ppl are having or is it only my device? Plz help!!!

StillFunkyB

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Compairing the battery life of E4GT to a BB Curve is like comparing a porche to a corolla. The Curve simply does not have as much screen or services to run as any of the Android phones that are full touch screens.

So, if battery life is what you really need, then I would say go back to the Curve, because I dont think you will ever see battery life like that on an Android phone. Especially not one with a screen this size.

Good luck with ur decision, but if you like having the 4.5"s of realestate for your viewing pleasure I'm sure you will fall in love with Android and this devise.

I wasn't comparing it to the BB Curve, if it seemed that way I apologize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid