I have my auto brightness unchecked and I keep it at 30%. However, lately, the phone is starting to either take the brightness all the way down or move it all the way up. When it changes, it usually goes lower. What is happening and is it a GS2 problem? How can I find out what it doing this?
    10-03-2011 07:05 PM
    I have my auto brightness unchecked and I keep it at 30%. However, lately, the phone is starting to either take the brightness all the way down or move it all the way up. When it changes, it usually goes lower. What is happening and is it a GS2 problem? How can I find out what it doing this?
    Any chance it is lower when you are browsing? I think there is a setting in web browsing where you can change the brightness for browser. But I'm a noob and could be completely wrong. Also, I think there is a battery saving setting that could change your brightness when the battery hits a certain level which I think defaults at 50% but I'm not sure if it would warn you first.
    10-03-2011 07:10 PM
    I think its a bug because the same thing happens to me, I have auto brightness checked off as well but sometimes it goes all the way up automatically, so it has to be a bug
    10-03-2011 09:19 PM
    Are you aware that you can change the brightness by swiping across the notification bar? I keep my auto off and find this feature indispensable, in the sun? swipe right, problem solved.
    10-03-2011 09:23 PM
    There's a setting under the display menu called "auto adjust screen power" that's independent of the brightness setting.

I took a screenshot so you can see exactly what I'm talking about. The description matches what you're experiencing.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch
    10-03-2011 09:56 PM
    Are you aware that you can change the brightness by swiping across the notification bar? I keep my auto off and find this feature indispensable, in the sun? swipe right, problem solved.
    Thats probabaly it. I might be doing that on accident. It is a good feature, but I forget its there!
    10-04-2011 07:31 AM
    do you also have "powersaver mode" enabled?

I've noticed, along with other folks I work with, that when powersaver mode kicks in it lowers the brightness as part of the function to save on battery. however when you plug the phone back in and get a good charge on it, it does not revert back to previous settings.
    Samsmalls likes this.
    10-04-2011 11:10 AM
    I do not have powesaver enabled, so its probably me swiping the task bar.
    10-04-2011 11:16 AM
    But don't you have to deliberately hold the bar and then swype? I can't imagine doing it by accident.
    10-04-2011 07:39 PM
    [ brightnessQUOTE=davem2421;1316335]do you also have "powersaver mode" enabled?

I've noticed, along with other folks I work with, that when powersaver mode kicks in it lowers the brightness as part of the function to save on battery. however when you plug the phone back in and get a good charge on it, it does not revert back to previous settings.[/QUOTE]

Yea it does, and thats not kool because I can't remember nor do I want to re adjust my auto brightness threshold seeing that I have it perfectly where I want it. This usually does it to my web browser it goes all the way to full brightness. I noticed this yesterday as it took me awhile to realize what the cause was. Im assuming it doesn't do this if the brightness setting is disabled within power saving mode. Have you gotten a change to check this yet?

I just disabled the "brightness" setting within "power saving mode" settings hopefully this stops it, or I'll just disable power saving mode all together....
    10-05-2011 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD