01-05-2012 03:40 PM
33 12
tools
    I miss my Pre+. I've had the E4gT for about a week now. I miss webOS, just as previous posts have said. I miss the interactivity of Synergy. I wasn't able to get my calendar off the Pre as all I could find were processes that used Palm Desktop which I no longer had, foolishly trusting Palm Cloud. Looking at having to transfer entry by entry.
    12-31-2011 05:34 PM
    My palm pre felt like a piece of crap. Sold it as fast as I could and never looked back.
    Agree with you there, palm pre was a terrible phone hardware wise and it was pretty frustrating to use in general; lacked copy paste, was slow as molasses, regularly ran out of memory, battery life was terrible, selecting text to edit was incredibly frustrating, and the web browser sucked as well.
    01-02-2012 03:10 AM
    I'll happily trade my Palm pre with anyone and some money if you really miss that Pre that much. Screen is NOT scratched on the Pre.
    01-02-2012 08:30 AM
    Agree, with a lot of the statements here.

The one thing I really miss, I just haven't been able to root yet.

On Webos, you only have to turn on developer mode and you were in!

How on earth do you tour this thing, I'm trying to install a Samba app, and it needs SU (superuser) access, do I really need to root to do this?

I'm pulling put my hair!

Rob

PS Its true we were very vocal at PreCentral!

I vowed to make this place jump just as much!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Developer mode is NOTHING like root. Developer mode allowed you to theme and add patches but you couldn't build much less install custom version of the OS. Hell, you couldn't even change the LAUCHER with developer mode.

Developer mode on the Pre is akin to clicking the install apps from unknown box on Android.

also, if you're an ex palm addict try checking out "perfect task switcher." It makes for some nice card like switching. unfortunately, task previews do not work on the epic touch but it's still rather awesome
    01-02-2012 08:34 AM
    I'd say the best thing to do would be quit using Facebook altogether and switch to Google+!!
    01-02-2012 11:15 AM
    Developer mode is NOTHING like root. Developer mode allowed you to theme and add patches but you couldn't build much less install custom version of the OS. Hell, you couldn't even change the LAUCHER with developer mode.

Developer mode on the Pre is akin to clicking the install apps from unknown box on Android.
    Wow, I wrote that message a long time ago.

Yes, you are correct turning on Developer mode really did nothing, but allowed WebOS Quick Install to gain entry to install all the goodies.

And I have finally rooted my SPH-D710. But have not put a custom ROM on yet. Still don't understand what these custom ROM's do, compared to stock?

I will check out 'perfect task switcher' but for the most part have gotten used to Android.

But yes, still miss true multitasking.

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk
    01-03-2012 11:54 AM
    I miss my Pre+. I've had the E4gT for about a week now. I miss webOS, just as previous posts have said. I miss the interactivity of Synergy. I wasn't able to get my calendar off the Pre as all I could find were processes that used Palm Desktop which I no longer had, foolishly trusting Palm Cloud. Looking at having to transfer entry by entry.
    I synched my WebOS calendar with my Google calendar on my Palm Pre, then just added that account to my E4GT once I made the switch. It was rather seamless. Sure miss synergy, the cards, and notifications - but I have to say I've been enjoying my E4GT.

Can anyone recommend a good email app that sort of keeps all email accounts in one place? Multiple notifications from the GMail app, Yahoo Email app, etc and having to go to each app to read emails is killing me! Consider me an Android noob spoiled by WebOS synergy...
    01-05-2012 09:38 AM
    Can anyone recommend a good email app that sort of keeps all email accounts in one place? Multiple notifications from the GMail app, Yahoo Email app, etc and having to go to each app to read emails is killing me! Consider me an Android noob spoiled by WebOS synergy...
    Came from webOS too (Sprint Pre+). Loved it. Android is growing on me though... so many apps!

K-9 Mail seems to be one of the more popular replacements. Give it a test-drive. Disclaimer: I haven't used it (but am considering it).

Good luck!
    01-05-2012 03:40 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD