01-05-2012 03:40 PM
33 12
tools
    There is a lot I like about the Epic, but so far 2 big annoyances for me. Android does not convert 2 character smileys???? why would this be the case, I'm sorry but everyone one knows is a happy, why not convert it. Next is Facebook Calendar, the Facebook app does not sync it, but wait the social hub does, but it syncs every event your invited to, attending or not. I contacted Samsung and they say its a Facebook issue and they have to way to filter. BS!!! WebOS has done it from Day 1. Are there any solutions out there?
    10-04-2011 09:50 AM
    Like you I miss my Palm Pre. Its not dead though, I use it as a clock, email, facebook notifier on the touchstone on my computer desk over wifi. Its tiny size actually looks dare I say cute next to my Galaxy.

Anyway onto your issues. My facebook calander does sync with the default calander app. Go to settings and make sure you have your facebook in the accounts section. I have both the facebook account and the social hub in there so I cant be certain which one is pulling it into the calander but it does work
    10-04-2011 11:30 AM
    The calendar entries are coming from social hub, the problem is that is puts in EVERY event. Even events I am not attending, how anyone at Samsung thought that would be remotely useful is beyond me. If I'm not attending, why do I want it in my calendar.
    10-04-2011 12:11 PM
    if anyone wants to trade, i got a palm pre which i dislike enough to be happy webos is dead.
    10-04-2011 12:24 PM
    The calendar entries are coming from social hub, the problem is that is puts in EVERY event. Even events I am not attending, how anyone at Samsung thought that would be remotely useful is beyond me. If I'm not attending, why do I want it in my calendar.
    hmm mine isn't showing events I havent RSVP'd to. Perhaps the best thing to do is not respond (decline) at all.
    10-04-2011 12:27 PM
    I'd say the best thing to do would be quit using Facebook altogether and switch to Google+!!
    gravyhead and fofjjsr like this.
    10-04-2011 12:44 PM
    I don't miss mine at all. In fact, when I put the two phones side by side, I can't believe I used to browse the web and watch video on it. It's like a whole different planet with this phone. There are a few things I miss about WebOS, but I don't miss the hardware at all.
    10-04-2011 12:58 PM
    I don't miss mine at all. In fact, when I put the two phones side by side, I can't believe I used to browse the web and watch video on it. It's like a whole different planet with this phone. There are a few things I miss about WebOS, but I don't miss the hardware at all.

Exactly, I loved palm but when they were bought with no new phone in site I had to switch. Now I love Android.

Apple the evil Empire
    10-04-2011 01:30 PM
    This. I was a die hard Pre fan (launch day buyer), but this phone just blows it away in terms of pretty much everything. OP, I'd highly recommend using Go SMS Pro as your text messaging application. It is super customizable and does much more than the Pre messenger could ever do.
    10-04-2011 06:01 PM
    I'm with you all... I was a diehard PalmOS/webOS user all the way back to the PalmPilot! (Yeah, I guess I'm that old.) But when HP bailed, so did I. The Galaxy blows my Sprint Pre+ out of the water.

Two things I really miss - cards (true multi-apps), and the Pre community. Those folks are awesome.

But time waits for no one, and I waited too long. Very much enjoying rooting (pun intended) around this android thing, and look forward to the future.
    techgeek32#WN likes this.
    10-05-2011 03:33 PM
    I miss my Treo 700wx sometimes
    It was fun working with Mortscript.
    10-05-2011 03:35 PM
    I miss webos but not the palm pre hardware. i still cant believe HP ditched webos. undoubtedly the best mobile OS out there. just as everyone else here got too tired of waiting. Loving Android though.
    10-05-2011 03:37 PM
    if anyone wants to trade, i got a palm pre
    Me, too, though I didn't hate it. I was more disappointed at how the hardware let down the OS and the combo of terrible marketing and corporate neglect strangled webOS in its crib.
    10-05-2011 05:56 PM
    Even though i do love my new phone, I really do miss webOS a lot. Wish I could get webOS on this phone and I'd be ecstatic.
    10-06-2011 10:07 AM
    Even though i do love my new phone, I really do miss webOS a lot. Wish I could get webOS on this phone and I'd be ecstatic.
    Would not be surprised if this was being worked on.
    10-06-2011 10:26 AM
    I missed my Pre for about a day ... there's just too many things about the E4GT that are better, to worry about the couple of things that were better on the Pre/webOS.

I really liked webOS and Android will probably never be as "elegant" as webOS, but my perception is that in overall functionality it's already passed webOS. And unless someone dumps a *lot* of time/money into developing webOS further, Android will pretty quickly leave it in the dust. Just my $.02.

Rob
    10-06-2011 10:37 AM
    If Web OS ever comes out again count me gone in 60 sec. Android just does not have the smooth interface of WEB OS. I have only had Android for 2 days and already thinking of getting rid of it.
    10-06-2011 03:07 PM
    If Web OS ever comes out again count me gone in 60 sec. Android just does not have the smooth interface of WEB OS. I have only had Android for 2 days and already thinking of getting rid of it.
    Same here. I'm getting ready to get a E4GT, but only because my pre is falling apart and webOS seems to be going under.
    10-06-2011 04:37 PM
    Well one of the people behind WebOS is working on Ice Cream Sandwich. So we may see some things that may be familiar to us. Main thing I miss is the gesture area and swiping to get rid of a single text.
    10-06-2011 04:54 PM
    I guess I should of rephrased my first post. Its absolutely the OS I miss. I don't miss the questionable hardware and the lack of apps. I do miss the unified look and feel of webOS and those beautiful notifications. The drop down bar makes me weep a little everytime I have to check one. Android developers, steal webOS notifications please!
    kimdushinski and sorli like this.
    10-06-2011 05:15 PM
    I guess I should of rephrased my first post. Its absolutely the OS I miss. I don't miss the questionable hardware and the lack of apps. I do miss the unified look and feel of webOS and those beautiful notifications. The drop down bar makes me weep a little everytime I have to check one. Android developers, steal webOS notifications please!
    What was so unified about the look and feel? Once you start downloading aftermarket apps the unified look and feel goes bye bye.
    10-06-2011 07:17 PM
    i like my E4GT a helluva lot but i loved my pre-....This phone feels like a really great handheld computing device...But my palm pre- felt like an extension of my body and mind it felt connected to me...for instance i felt comfy enough with the pre to take it into the tub with me for some bubblebath texting and web browsing lol!...something i would never conceive of doing with my Epic 4G Touch...

I really really really really miss the cards...
    mayito537 likes this.
    10-06-2011 10:21 PM
    Agree, with a lot of the statements here.

The one thing I really miss, I just haven't been able to root yet.

On Webos, you only have to turn on developer mode and you were in!

How on earth do you tour this thing, I'm trying to install a Samba app, and it needs SU (superuser) access, do I really need to root to do this?

I'm pulling put my hair!

Rob

PS Its true we were very vocal at PreCentral!

I vowed to make this place jump just as much!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-06-2011 10:28 PM
    I too miss my pre, but not that much I'd say I miss webos. I had a centro and then got the pre at launch. I love the epic but switching to android from webos was easy except for the multitasking it's still a little frustrating when I hit the home button forgetting that it won't go into a card lol but I'm getting there. Love the screen, just wish we could have seen this hardware with webos on it but oh well got to live in the now......cheers!
    10-06-2011 10:57 PM
    i like my E4GT a helluva lot but i loved my pre-....This phone feels like a really great handheld computing device...But my palm pre- felt like an extension of my body and mind it felt connected to me...
    My palm pre felt like a piece of crap. Sold it as fast as I could and never looked back.
    10-06-2011 11:01 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD