I miss my Palm Pre

inzane

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
There is a lot I like about the Epic, but so far 2 big annoyances for me. Android does not convert 2 character smileys???? why would this be the case, I'm sorry but everyone one knows ;) is a happy, why not convert it. Next is Facebook Calendar, the Facebook app does not sync it, but wait the social hub does, but it syncs every event your invited to, attending or not. I contacted Samsung and they say its a Facebook issue and they have to way to filter. BS!!! WebOS has done it from Day 1. Are there any solutions out there?

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Like you I miss my Palm Pre. Its not dead though, I use it as a clock, email, facebook notifier on the touchstone on my computer desk over wifi. Its tiny size actually looks dare I say cute next to my Galaxy.

Anyway onto your issues. My facebook calander does sync with the default calander app. Go to settings and make sure you have your facebook in the accounts section. I have both the facebook account and the social hub in there so I cant be certain which one is pulling it into the calander but it does work

inzane

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
The calendar entries are coming from social hub, the problem is that is puts in EVERY event. Even events I am not attending, how anyone at Samsung thought that would be remotely useful is beyond me. If I'm not attending, why do I want it in my calendar.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The calendar entries are coming from social hub, the problem is that is puts in EVERY event. Even events I am not attending, how anyone at Samsung thought that would be remotely useful is beyond me. If I'm not attending, why do I want it in my calendar.

hmm mine isn't showing events I havent RSVP'd to. Perhaps the best thing to do is not respond (decline) at all.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't miss mine at all. In fact, when I put the two phones side by side, I can't believe I used to browse the web and watch video on it. It's like a whole different planet with this phone. There are a few things I miss about WebOS, but I don't miss the hardware at all.

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't miss mine at all. In fact, when I put the two phones side by side, I can't believe I used to browse the web and watch video on it. It's like a whole different planet with this phone. There are a few things I miss about WebOS, but I don't miss the hardware at all.

Exactly, I loved palm but when they were bought with no new phone in site I had to switch. Now I love Android.

Apple the evil Empire

jaguax

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

This. I was a die hard Pre fan (launch day buyer), but this phone just blows it away in terms of pretty much everything. OP, I'd highly recommend using Go SMS Pro as your text messaging application. It is super customizable and does much more than the Pre messenger could ever do.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you all... I was a diehard PalmOS/webOS user all the way back to the PalmPilot! (Yeah, I guess I'm that old.) But when HP bailed, so did I. The Galaxy blows my Sprint Pre+ out of the water.

Two things I really miss - cards (true multi-apps), and the Pre community. Those folks are awesome.

But time waits for no one, and I waited too long. Very much enjoying rooting (pun intended) around this android :D thing, and look forward to the future.

Reactions: techgeek32#WN

mrnd23

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I miss webos but not the palm pre hardware. i still cant believe HP ditched webos. undoubtedly the best mobile OS out there. just as everyone else here got too tired of waiting. Loving Android though. :D

roninlb

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Even though i do love my new phone, I really do miss webOS a lot. Wish I could get webOS on this phone and I'd be ecstatic.

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I missed my Pre for about a day ... there's just too many things about the E4GT that are better, to worry about the couple of things that were better on the Pre/webOS.

I really liked webOS and Android will probably never be as "elegant" as webOS, but my perception is that in overall functionality it's already passed webOS. And unless someone dumps a *lot* of time/money into developing webOS further, Android will pretty quickly leave it in the dust. Just my $.02.

Rob

Last edited:

NoResults

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If Web OS ever comes out again count me gone in 60 sec. Android just does not have the smooth interface of WEB OS. I have only had Android for 2 days and already thinking of getting rid of it.

tp2386

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
If Web OS ever comes out again count me gone in 60 sec. Android just does not have the smooth interface of WEB OS. I have only had Android for 2 days and already thinking of getting rid of it.

Same here. I'm getting ready to get a E4GT, but only because my pre is falling apart and webOS seems to be going under.

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well one of the people behind WebOS is working on Ice Cream Sandwich. So we may see some things that may be familiar to us. Main thing I miss is the gesture area and swiping to get rid of a single text.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I should of rephrased my first post. Its absolutely the OS I miss. I don't miss the questionable hardware and the lack of apps. I do miss the unified look and feel of webOS and those beautiful notifications. The drop down bar makes me weep a little everytime I have to check one. Android developers, steal webOS notifications please!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2