Lockscreens!!!

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for those that pointed me in the direction of Widget Locker. Still working on finding a way to see if it can go directly into an unread message, but so far this is a great start.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
What widgetlocker theme is that? I like it.

Romanodog,

Its a Samsung Galaxy S2 theme from the XDA Thread

[THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection *** only THEMES *** - xda-developers

Go to the second page and you will see all the files. It has 6 different themes for the colors (i used one of each color). The icon package is included as well but I'm not sure how to upload them into the app. Pretty easy set up overall. Now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for an add on or app or widget that would take me to the actual unread message (like the standard lockscreen will do for the E4GT).

Reactions: anon(406518)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Romanodog,

The icon package is included as well but I'm not sure how to upload them into the app. Pretty easy set up overall. Now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for an add on or app or widget that would take me to the actual unread message (like the standard lockscreen will do for the E4GT).

The icons are just images, so you can pull them out of the ZIP and put them into one of your gallery folders (like downloads for example) then access them from Widget Locker under "Browse Gallery" or "Browse Files". Then when you're done you can delete the images from the gallery (Widget Locker seems to save them somewhere once used). There may be a cleaner way to do it, but it was the only way I could get it to work.

By the way, kudos on figuring out how to install and use the custom sliders, and set them up in Widget Locker so quickly. It's easy once you get the hang of it, but the app isn't exactly user friendly. Seems you caught on pretty quick!

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
am i missing something as far as getting a image on the color? i think i understand what i am doing, i have all of the images in my download folder and can play with them but it seems like i have to pick a color or an icon.
thanks

Romanodog,

Its a Samsung Galaxy S2 theme from the XDA Thread

[THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection *** only THEMES *** - xda-developers

Go to the second page and you will see all the files. It has 6 different themes for the colors (i used one of each color). The icon package is included as well but I'm not sure how to upload them into the app. Pretty easy set up overall. Now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for an add on or app or widget that would take me to the actual unread message (like the standard lockscreen will do for the E4GT).

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
am i missing something as far as getting a image on the color? i think i understand what i am doing, i have all of the images in my download folder and can play with them but it seems like i have to pick a color or an icon.
thanks

Hrm I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but I'll jump to my own conclusions and take a shot. :p

There's two different components, sliders and icons. The colored touchwiz theme slider images that are in the ZIP file you can download, should be placed in your /sdcard/data/com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker/themes folder. The icon images should be pulled out of the ZIP and placed in a gallery folder, like your download folder.

Then in Widget Locker add a custom slider, and the colored touchwiz slider themes should show in the menu of selections. Pick one and place it where you want. Then edit that slider, choose a side, and choose the icon image from your download gallery for that side. Rinse and repeat until you have it set.

Was I close? :)

Reactions: graffix31

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh one key thing I forgot to mention, in case you didn't know. For the custom slider images, you want to keep them in the ZIP file. So place the whole ZIP file in your themes folder.

Cheers!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Something I threw together today. I got the idea from the recent Frost theme review for CM7 here on AC. I can never settle on something ... drives me nuts but it's fun!

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Threw together another lock screen I like a little better. Not sure how long I will keep this one but with widget locker I love tinkering around. Special thanks to the person who posted the Galaxy SII image file that worked out perfectly for my lock screen. I apologize I can't link to that person, but it is MUCH appreciated

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow, seems like a really power app. I guess my last question about it would be: if i have a text message and use the slider, does it take me to the message app, or does it take me to message I received? Right now the stock unlock takes me to the exact message (only works for texts not my gmail messages). I kind of like that feature, but I just want to make sure I know what I am getting.
You can access your notification shade on the Widgetlocker lock screen. That's what I use to jump to the new message.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Cobravision, any chance you can elaborate a little bit? I understand how to use the Widgetlocker and I've set up a slider to take me into the text messaging app, but I'm not 100% sure where the "notification shade" option would be. I've poked around quite a bit but I'm sure its something silly I'm missing. Does it work for GMail as well?

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Something I threw together today. I got the idea from the recent Frost theme review for CM7 here on AC. I can never settle on something ... drives me nuts but it's fun!

That lock slider from widget locker, what page on XDA thread is it on? I got one like it but it fits too big or small. I can't adjust it to fit right.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463