Lockscreens!!!

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So I'm a big fan of the Epic 4G Touch and the way it displays my text message notifications, and how I can just swipe into the received message. I had previously set up Agile Lock on my Photon to swipe into applications but I found it to be a tad buggy and not that great.

Is there anything that can get me directly into a text message, or an email, as well as load an app or two? I'd be curious to see what you guys use for lock screens.

Thanks in advance!!

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I use widgetlocker it's a great lockscreen app. It's 1.99 in the market. You can customize it for the wants that your asking for.

Reactions: oskar1995

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Cool I suppose I really want the sliders and something that will interact well with the OS. I felt like Agile Lock was a sloppy replacement for something that could be so much better.

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Before i bought this phone i was against buying apps. But sometime you gotta go that little extra to fully customize your phone. I don't think their are any free lockscreen apps that are as good as widgetlocker. Someone correct me if i'm wrong on that but i'm pretty sure.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
GCMS,

That seems to be my experience as well. I'm find buying something here and there to get my phone exactly how I want it. I just want to make sure that the apps I do buy will end up doing what I want them to do. I love the way the phone works stock, and wish I could just add more "TouchWiz" sliders to my lockscreen to do the things I want.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Widget Locker is a neat app if you're looking for more out of your lockscreen. Here is my current TouchWiz slider style theme that I'm working on. It's still a work in progress, as it's not quite where I want it to be yet, but it will give you an idea of how you can set sliders to take you directly to Apps like Phone, Messages and Camera from the lockscreen. You can also use ADW Notifier to show the little red circle for pending notifications, but I'm using the text based app called Missed It! for those things for now. Anyhoo, attached is a screen cap to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Widget Locker is a neat app if you're looking for more out of your lockscreen. Here is my current TouchWiz slider style theme that I'm working on. It's still a work in progress, as it's not quite where I want it to be yet, but it will give you an idea of how you can set sliders to take you directly to Apps like Phone, Messages and Camera from the lockscreen. You can also use ADW Notifier to show the little red circle for pending notifications, but I'm using the text based app called Missed It! for those things for now. Anyhoo, attached is a screen cap to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

That is a really awesome home screen. Is that built using Widget Locker with a little Missed It! thrown in? I would probably looked to recreate something similar.

Will the sliders take you to the received text message, email or call?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
That is a really awesome home screen. Is that built using Widget Locker with a little Missed It! thrown in? I would probably looked to recreate something similar.

Will the sliders take you to the received text message, email or call?

Yes it was built using Widget Locker ($1.99). It's a mish mash of a couple custom slider themes I got from XDA, Missed It! ($0.99) for the text showing a count for Missed calls, emails and messages, and the clock at the top is an app called Digital Clock Widget (free). The clock is temporary though. I'm going to be using the popular Minimalistic Text (free) app, to handle the clock, date and text based battery life. But because you can do almost anything with it, it requires a lot of setup time which I haven't gotten around to yet.

Yes the colored sliders take you directly to the app I set for it from the lockscreen.

Here is the HUGE XDA thread that has a bunch of custom themes:

[THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection - xda-developers

Also, there is a abbreviated thread that consolidates many of them here:

[THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection *** only THEMES *** - xda-developers

If anything, these will give you an idea of what you can do with Widget Locker.

Reactions: oskar1995

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow, seems like a really power app. I guess my last question about it would be: if i have a text message and use the slider, does it take me to the message app, or does it take me to message I received? Right now the stock unlock takes me to the exact message (only works for texts not my gmail messages). I kind of like that feature, but I just want to make sure I know what I am getting.

Thanks again guys and gals.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow, seems like a really power app. I guess my last question about it would be: if i have a text message and use the slider, does it take me to the message app, or does it take me to message I received? Right now the stock unlock takes me to the exact message (only works for texts not my gmail messages). I kind of like that feature, but I just want to make sure I know what I am getting.

Thanks again guys and gals.

The best I can tell so far, it takes you to either your SMS Inbox, or the last message thread you were in if the SMS app is still running in the background. It will not take you to the exact message. I don't mind this personally, as the stock SMS app has a little indicator on the Inbox list for unread text messages.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
It certainly isn't a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination. I like the ability to customize the lock screen a little more and Agile Lock wasn't cutting it.

I really appreciate the time you have taken to answer all of my questions. I didn't make a lot of big modification to my Evo and I only rooted my Photon to save some games with data, but I'm looking to get into more stuff with my E4GT.

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I was trying agile lock, but certain things would bring up the stock lock screen instead. Does widget locker behave in the same way?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I really appreciate the time you have taken to answer all of my questions. I didn't make a lot of big modification to my Evo and I only rooted my Photon to save some games with data, but I'm looking to get into more stuff with my E4GT.

Don't mention it! That's what we have this community for!

Good luck with it if you decide to take the leap. I fit turns out you don't like it, it's cheaper than a cup of coffee. :p

arieljanae19

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi sorry i took so long but jay answered for me lol yes you can set it for any application u want. It has a way to edit it and you can change the icon to any pic in your gallery or to the icons that come with the app. Its pretty cool. If you do try to use a picture for an iccon though make sure you choose the option to crop picture because if you don't ot will be side ways if its a large image. But if you need anything ask. I stayed up all night learning about it and I've been downloading new themes because im using stock right now. I don't feel like i wasted 2 bucks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante