For those who have been users of the 1st Samsung Epic who decided to upgrade to the Galaxy SII Epic Touch...

What are your thoughts are the specs worth the upgrade? Is the performance ( WiFi GPS, Data ) a significant issue.

I am still using my Rooted Epic with very little problems, occasional WiFi issues but in general it has been and remains to be a great phone.

I like the dedicted Camera Button ad do not want to move to the Epic touch if there are issues with Data specific the phone. I am getting good Data speeds, strong 4G and good GPS locks.

So should I wait or is the Epic 2 worth it?

What are your thoughts
    10-04-2011 12:45 PM
    We have both in our house.

3G speeds, voice dBm and WIFI are all really close and honestly, both devices fluctuate back and forth a bit.

If you don't need the physical keyboard, there is simply no comparison. The ET just does it faster and the screen real estate is really nice.

GPS works fine on both but we don't try and locate ourselves on the couch or toilet just to see how good it is.
    10-04-2011 12:50 PM
    We have both in our house.

3G speeds, voice dBm and WIFI are all really close and honestly, both devices fluctuate back and forth a bit.

If you don't need the physical keyboard, there is simply no comparison. The ET just does it faster and the screen real estate is really nice.

GPS works fine on both but we don't try and locate ourselves on the couch or toilet just to see how good it is.
    Completely agree with this. I don't regret giving up my Epic at all. On top of the major performance boost, battery life has been a revelation.
    10-04-2011 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD