A sigh of relief

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Any of you get a sigh of relief with the minor and virtually old offerings from Apple today? Personally I like to have the best tech around and clearly Android as a whole and their partners were offering months ago the same or better offerings than what Apple has today. I kind of feel relieved that by having the SG2 and getting the Photon (again) that my phone line up will be the newest and best tech for now and later. Face it our phones have become like our best friends now like a dog is man's best friend.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Lol I actually got in a debate earlier of iPhone vs Android. I will say that the one new feature that looked cool was that app where they talk to the phone and it does things for them. YES we have a similar google app which will search, text, bla bla....but that iPhone app checked someones calendar for availability then scheduled a meeting and emailed a response. It just seems a bit ahead of Androids....other than that I couldn't care less about an iPhone. Oh and also apparently the iPhone can stream 1280x720 2.7gb files no problem which is awesome. I don't know if the Galaxy Epic S II can because nobody has answered my thread yet but the Evo 3d definitely can't.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Lol I actually got in a debate earlier of iPhone vs Android. I will say that the one new feature that looked cool was that app where they talk to the phone and it does things for them. YES we have a similar google app which will search, text, bla bla....but that iPhone app checked someones calendar for availability then scheduled a meeting and emailed a response. It just seems a bit ahead of Androids....other than that I couldn't care less about an iPhone. Oh and also apparently the iPhone can stream 1280x720 2.7gb files no problem which is awesome. I don't know if the Galaxy Epic S II can because nobody has answered my thread yet but the Evo 3d definitely can't.

But thats only an app though..Ohh what an upgrade!!! I think its a marketing gimmick just like facetime was and still is.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Oh I'm completely with you...F@#K APPLE! haha ;) But seriously I do loathe all things Apple lol. I guarantee that they just needed something to unveil this year so they made a few fixes that everyone had been complaing about...threw in an app or two...dropped the price a bit and BAM! New phone!.....new phone my ars.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
okay :) goto removed link per authors request King David's Righteous List[/url] on your phone and click "Download Video File" and tell me if it works.

Edit: Grr...keeps putting my title for the link...its just kingdavidbaker.com/test.php

I am on 3g but was able to stream it! via the jwplayer. It had to buffer some a couple of times though. I bet on 4G it is better. I will try tomorrow when I am at work. But it works, just not flawless. I could never see myself streaming non mobile optimized content much, but hey, prognosis is good!:p

Last edited:
Reactions: kingdavidbaker

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Good to know! Looking like the sgsII might be my next device. Yeah I don't plan on streaming to my phone much but I know a lot of my users want to be able to. Most of the content on my site is much smaller in both resolution and size so just about any phone can stream them flawlessly over 3g.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Good to know! Looking like the sgsII might be my next device. Yeah I don't plan on streaming to my phone much but I know a lot of my users want to be able to. Most of the content on my site is much smaller in both resolution and size so just about any phone can stream them flawlessly over 3g.

So are you saying that I can't stream movies over netflix with my phone on 3g?

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
No quite the opposite. While I have no evidence I see no reason why Netflix wouldn't run perfectly on your device. I just run a similar site and was curious as to whether or not the sgsII would be able to stream my largest size/res content. Apparently it can via jwplayer....so if it can stream a 1280x720 2.7gig file...even if it is a bit choppy....then it can handle Netflix no problem lol.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No quite the opposite. While I have no evidence I see no reason why Netflix wouldn't run perfectly on your device. I just run a similar site and was curious as to whether or not the sgsII would be able to stream my largest size/res content. Apparently it can via jwplayer....so if it can stream a 1280x720 2.7gig file...even if it is a bit choppy....then it can handle Netflix no problem lol.

Oh ok..Thanks for that..

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It has come to the point where Android has officially eclipsed Apple and surpassed them. Now I wonder if WP7 provides good competition so they could keep Android innovating ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20