I've noticed the pixel didn't work for a couple weeks now but while taking pictures it instantly turned green. I've tried restarting the phone and even tried using the pixel fixer app but nothing has worked.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-04-2011 10:51 PM
    I've noticed the pixel didn't work for a couple weeks now but while taking pictures it instantly turned green. I've tried restarting the phone and even tried using the pixel fixer app but nothing has worked.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Any help would be appreciated.

That's more then one pixel looks like 3 - 4 cluster.
    Stop by sprint ask for new one , If they fail to provide give Sammy a call.
    10-04-2011 10:56 PM
    That's more then one pixel looks like 3 - 4 cluster.
    Stop by sprint ask for new one , If they fail to provide give Sammy a call.
    No I'm pretty sure its just one, the picture makes it look bigger then it is. plus it looks like the brightness is up all the way on that pixel since its way brighter than all the others

10-04-2011 11:26 PM
    No I'm pretty sure its just one, the picture makes it look bigger then it is. plus it looks like the brightness is up all the way on that pixel since its way brighter than all the others

I'm definitely sure its more then one by the look of it no doubt.

That being the case Sprint more then likely will provide replacement , If the fail to step up Samsung will.
    Send it to them they send you a new one.
    10-04-2011 11:48 PM
    Sometimes if you just tap on the screen where the dead pixel or pixels are might make them turn on again.

It worked for me once a long time ago, not sure if it will work on these new displays, but worth a shot.

Just don't tap too hard!

Rob

10-04-2011 11:59 PM
    I'm definitely sure its more then one by the look of it no doubt.

That being the case Sprint more then likely will provide replacement , If the fail to step up Samsung will.
    Send it to them they send you a new one.
    Yeah I'm taking it to sprint today and see if they'll replace it. I just don't want to go through the trouble of transferring all my files and music.

10-05-2011 10:54 AM
    What could've casued that dead pixel?
    10-05-2011 11:09 AM
    What could've casued that dead pixel?
    I have no idea. It probably came like that I noticed it around a week after I got it

10-05-2011 12:32 PM
    @GCMS
    Its the norm to have some defective displays during manufacturing.
    Chance of getting second one with same defect is highly unlikely
    10-05-2011 12:51 PM
    @GCMS
    Its the norm to have some defective displays during manufacturing.
    Chance of getting second one with same defect is highly unlikely
    Oh ok i kind of figure that it would be an isolated incident. Let us know what sprint say/does to fix the problem, i'm curious.
    10-05-2011 12:55 PM
    If it's green then it's probably a 'stuck' pixel rather than dead... so it can sometimes be physically coaxed into becoming 'unstuck' theoretically (if you google 'stuck pixel' you can probably find some ways to 'unstick' them -- like what someone suggested above). If that fails, then you can probably get an exchange/replacement since it is more than one pixel (they may do it for just one pixel but more than one they would probably do it).
    10-05-2011 01:37 PM
    For back, I just discovered that you can download the free desktop version of Kier Air, and there is backup option in there. Not sure if gets the apps as well, but it states that it backs up the settings.

Here is a link to getting the desktop version (and it comes with the drivers as well, which you would need if you are going to root your phone which is a plus):

Support for Samsung Galaxy S II

Rob
    10-07-2011 06:54 PM
    It's stuck. If it were dead, it wouldn't show up as green on a black background.
    10-07-2011 06:57 PM
    It's stuck. If it were dead, it wouldn't show up as green on a black background.
    Maybe I wasnt clear, the pixel was dead before it turned green. I clearly noticed it on a white background. It turned back on while I was taking pictures one day.
    10-07-2011 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD