$99 for Epic Touch vs. $49 Photon

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Demosthenes9

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes its worth the extra 50.00.
If you will be using device in Strong Sprint coverage go with Epic Touch.
If your signal area is weak go with Photon.

Agree completely. From everything I have read, the Photon has better radios/reception. If that's not an issue, then the Ep Touch is definitely worth the $50 difference :)

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is. I definitely wouldn't put the EVO 3D in the options. I think Sammy is the new HTC going forward.

Just look at the what happened after the iPhone 4s announcement. All the comparisons and bench-markings from all over the web were going up against the SGS2. It was like the EVO 3D didn't even exist and no one cared how the iPhone 4s stacked up against it. I think the SGS2 just overshadows that phone but a mile......

If you are looking to root your phone and are into custom Roms, I would probably stay away from the Photon though. Not sure how good there development scene is or will be.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Was getting ready to buy the Epic Touch 4G, but the Photon price is down to $49:

Amazon.com: Motorola Photon 4G Android Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories

Do you guys think the Epic Touch is worth the extra $50 over the Photon? (or EVO 3D, for that matter)?
FYI, it seems that the $99 price is for NEW Sprint customers. If you're using your upgrade option to buy this phone from Amazon, the price is $149.99, and if you're only wanting to get the phone without renewing contract, the price is $599.99.

I had to figure out how the $99 came to be, so I tried all 3 options. ;)

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The pentile screen on the Photon looks grainy to me, but the upside of it is it's easier to see in direct sunlight. Other than that I think the ET4G has it beat hands down.

slschmidt76

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I paid $449 at my local Sprint store. Of course I had to pay full price for the darn thing. It was on sale though...$50 off. The store advertises this phone at $499 full price....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae