Never thought I would say this, but TouchWiz 4.0 is awesome. Loving it on my SGSII. I used to be a big fan of Sense, but I like this better and if offers more than stock Android. Anyone else digging TouchWiz?
    10-07-2011 04:11 PM
    Never thought I would say this, but TouchWiz 4.0 is awesome. Loving it on my SGSII. I used to be a big fan of Sense, but I like this better and if offers more than stock Android. Anyone else digging TouchWiz?
    +1
    10-07-2011 04:18 PM
    Agreed. But currently using Go Launcher Ex
    10-07-2011 04:25 PM
    I agree 100%. Prior to this phone I had an Evo 4g, and I thought Sense was pretty good.

However, like you, I am really finding some very useful features in Touchwiz that just make the whole user experience very efficient.

I've had the phone since the launch date, and the newness has not worn out yet because I keep discovering new things.
    10-07-2011 04:42 PM
    It's a great stock launcher. I'm using Go Launcher right now, just so I can play around with themes and jazzy screen transitions, but for stock, I'm very impressed with TouchWiz. Samsung really got it all together with this release.
    10-07-2011 04:45 PM
    I dig how customized about it is, especially in being able to throw out unneeded home screens and reorder them as you wish. I'm running only three screens at the moment and if I can roll with SwipePad, I may drop to one. The way you can quickly jump around the apps screens by dragging or tapping the dots and how it wraps around is slick. The way widget and apps are added is nice, too.
    10-07-2011 05:48 PM
    I'm also using Go Launcher EX.

Only thing I don't like about it is that when you disable the "screen indicator" bars on top of the screen, they still take up that space, and widgets don't align with the top edge of the screen.

Otherwise it's much better than TouchWiz, which is saying a lot considering TouchWiz is actually good.
    10-07-2011 06:09 PM
    I dig how customized about it is, especially in being able to throw out unneeded home screens and reorder them as you wish. I'm running only three screens at the moment and if I can roll with SwipePad, I may drop to one. The way you can quickly jump around the apps screens by dragging or tapping the dots and how it wraps around is slick. The way widget and apps are added is nice, too.
    I'm with you. I don't like having so many homescreens. I have only two currently.
    10-07-2011 06:28 PM
    My wife has the original Epic 4G and I'd always been jealous of TouchWiz vs Sense on my previous phone, the EVO. Not anymore! Now I can brag about what 4 can do that hers can't!
    10-07-2011 07:09 PM
    Another cool thing is how if the widget you're placing is too large it automatically starts sliding until it finds a page with enough room. Slick.
    10-07-2011 07:22 PM
    Another cool thing is how if the widget you're placing is too large it automatically starts sliding until it finds a page with enough room. Slick.
    The widget resizing is really nice.
    10-07-2011 08:54 PM
    touch wiz is way better than sense. imo. also loved my evo and sense but touch wiz is just awesome. finding new things everyday. love being able to swipe a contact to call or send a text. i love this phone!
    10-08-2011 12:09 AM
    touch wiz is way better than sense. imo. also loved my evo and sense but touch wiz is just awesome. finding new things everyday. love being able to swipe a contact to call or send a text. i love this phone!
    I didn't know you could do that until now. Thanks for the tip.
    10-08-2011 03:30 AM
    How can I change the icons on the tray at the bottom?
    10-10-2011 06:01 PM
    How can I change the icons on the tray at the bottom?
    Bring up all applications, hit menu and edit. You can drag and app down to where you want and it will replace it.
    10-10-2011 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD